Many people assume that the main benefit of practicing Pilates is increased flexibility. While you will improve your flexibility through Pilates, it is only a small part of all that Pilates can do for you.
If you practice Pilates on a regular basis, you can expect to:
- Improve posture and spinal alignment
- Reduce back and neck pain
- Re-train muscle patterns to restore balance
- Build core strength
- Increase mobility of joints and restore range of motion
- Aid in prevention of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis
- Build long, lean, toned muscles
- Improve circulation
- Reduce stress and increase energy
- Restore balance to the body (and your life)
- Build confidence and improve self-image
These are just a few of the benefits, but this is by no means a comprehensive list.
So if you’re not doing Pilates yet, you should start. Doing so just may change your life for the better.
What is the best change you’ve experience through practicing Pilates?