5 Pilates Exercises To Do Every Day

Hi Beauties!

One of the most common requests I receive is to provide the top 5 Pilates exercises I would recommend that you do each day to feel good, improve muscle tone, and maintain mobility.

So, here they are!

These 5 moves were selected because of the way the incorporate your entire body, engage your muscles, and promote good posture and alignment.

>>>Print this guide and hang it a place where you’ll see it each day <<<

CLICK HERE to download!

1. Pelvic Curl

5 pilates exercises to do each day - pelvic curl

Lie on your mat with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Make sure your feet are hip-distance apart.

Inhale – prepare

Exhale – articulate your spine up into a bridge position one vertebra at a time

Inhale – pause at the top and reach your knees over your toes to open up your hip flexors

Exhale – soften your chest and articulate your spine down to the ground one vertebra at a time

Repeat 8-10x.

2. The Hundred

5 daily pilates moves - the hundred

Lie on your mat with your knees in table top position. Gently hold behind your thighs, nod your chin to your chest and lift your head, neck and chest up off of the mat using your abdominals Flatten your back into the mat, reach your arms forward and extend your legs on a 45 degree angle.

Inhale for the count of 5 – pumping your arms as you go

Exhale for the count of 5 – continuing to pump your arms

Repeat the breath cycle 10x.

3. Single Leg Stretch

5 daily pilates moves - single leg stretch

Lie on your mat with your knees in table top position. Gently hold behind your thighs, nod your chin to your chest and lift your head, neck and chest up off of the mat using your abdominals. Place both hands on your right knee as you extend your left leg out on a 45 degree angle.

Inhale – switch legs, drawing your bent knee in toward you and flexing at the hip crease

Exhale – switch legs

Perform 8-10 reps on each side.

4. Teaser

5 daily pilates moves - teaser

Lie on your back with your legs long and arm yours down by your side.

Inhale – raise you arms up by your ears

Exhale – drop the shoulder blade down onto the back

Inhale – raise your straight legs up off of the mat and reach your arms toward your toes, beaming your chest to the sky

Exhale – lower your body with control to return to starting position

Repeat 8-10x.

5. Swimming

5 daily pilates moves - swimming

Lie on your tummy with your arms stretched out in front of you. Lengthen your lower back and pull your belly button off of the mat. Float your arms, legs and head off of the floor, keeping your gaze down toward the mat.

Perform a swimming motion by raising your right arm and left leg, then switching to the other side, maintaining stable trunk the entire time.

As you move the arms and legs quickly, the breath pattern is one inhale per two swims and one exhale per two swimming motions.

Repeat for 8-10 breaths.

5 pilates exercises to do each day // the balanced life

So there you have it, the 5 daily Pilates moves I would recommend anyone do daily! They are also a great addition to any workout, walk, or run. CLICK HERE to download your free printable!

Give them a try today and let me know how it goes in the comments!

PS – New to Pilates and looking for some beginner videos? Check out my Pilates for Beginners series here and the 12 Days of Pilates series here! They are both perfect for those looking to get off on the right foot with their Pilates journey and make sure you are using correct form!

1. Keri 4 months ago

Loved this! I just found out I’m pregnant with baby #4, so this was perfect! My low energy and nausea has taken its toll and I was feeling extra bummed that I can’t work out like before (I should know this 4 babies in, right?!) this was just the right amount to get me off the couch and on the mat. Quick question: whenever I do any kind of exercise sitting on my tailbone so to speak (ex the teaser, Russian twists, etc) my tailbone feels uncomfortable and I have to shift to one “cheek” 😉 to get comfortable. But then I compromise the exercise. Is this normal? Just a weak core or something else? I generally shy away from several Pilates moves because of it. Thanks!

• Teddi Lamons 4 months ago

Congratulations, Keri! We’re so excited for you and your family—what a gift. 🙂 Great question, too. I had a tailbone injury as a kid, and those kinds exercises are uncomfortable for me, as well. It’s likely just an anatomy thing as opposed to a weak core. We recommend you give your tailbone some extra padding (using a small towel) for those exercises!

• Keri 4 months ago

Thanks! I will definitely try that.

2. Susie Frei 4 months ago

I can see the value of these daily essentials but am wondering if I am doing the single-leg stretch correctly. Please tell us what this stretch should accomplish. Thank you so much.

3. Denise 4 months ago

Thank you I totally loved this needed this…55 year old runner but I need something else. This just may be the ticket.. my arms and core need work. Thank you so much

4. Kate 4 months ago

I’d love it if this was a video! 🙂 I know Robin might struggle to do it right now but maybe something to think about… Thanks for the info

5. Mary 4 months ago

In the Single Leg Stetch, is the straight leg really supposed to be at a 45 degree angle? I thought it was just supposed to hover over the mat.

• Teddi Lamons 4 months ago

Good question, @Mary! 45 degree is recommended for most, but if you are able to maintain a strong, stable pelvis and and engaged “TA” then you can lower that leg for more of a challenge. 🙂

6. Rahul Singh 4 months ago

Nice post thanks for sharing information with us. This tips are really awesome and helpful for those people who want to live fit and fine .Keep posting such kind of blogs. Syringe Filters

7. Issie 4 months ago

Hi Jordin. That’s a great sharing. It sounds interesting, I never do Pilates Exercises before. What I do at present is Zimba exercise at home, I have a look here http://www.womensedge.org/best-zumba-dvds/. I love dancing so I choose it and I’m planing to loss weight about 20 kg.By the way, Is Pilates Exercises the same kind of Yoga? I do not know much about kinds of exercises. Could you give me suggestion? Thank you in advance for your kindness.

• Teddi Lamons 4 months ago

Great question, Issie! Pilates and yoga are both done on a mat, so that makes them look very similar. However, the exercises are quite different. Pilates exercises focus on completing a certain number of repetitions, while yoga exercises are usually holding poses. Pilates focuses on muscle toning, while yoga focuses on balance and flexibility. Both practices have great benefits!