28 Days of Pilates: day 24 + Almond Beauty Bars

Welcome to our last and final week of 28 Days of Pilates!

Can you believe it?

It’s very bittersweet for me. More bitter than sweet.

I’ll miss our daily check-in’s and workouts.

The only thing that’s making it sweet is that I know I’ll get to continue working with many of you in the upcoming Pilates Body Program next month.

In light of next month’s program, I’m sharing one of favorite recipes from The Pilates Body Program meal plan with you today.

Make a batch to have on hand for a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth this week.

Almond Beauty Bars

Recipe courtesy of Parisi Nutrition and The Pilates Body Program meal plan

1 cup raw almonds

1/3 cup pitted medjool dates

1/4 tsp vanilla extract

1 Tbs cocao or cocoa powder

1 Tbs raw honey

Place almonds in a food processor and process into a fine meal.

Add remaining ingredients and process into a dough-like texture.

Either roll dough 1/2 inch thick and cut into bars or simply roll into energy “balls”.

Let’s workout…

Today is our last and final bootie burner! Enjoy and give it all you’ve got!

Today’s Check-In: I’m challenging you once again to do ONE additional workout today. Pick your favorite and let me know which one you chose! Use the hashtag #28daysofpilates.

1. Grey 3 years ago

Robin, my favorite glute workout of all! I’m not ready for the program to be over; this has been wonderful.

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Oh good! So glad you liked this one. Feel free to do it again 😉 xo

2. Liz S. 3 years ago

I can’t believe it’s the last week of the challenge already! February flew by. I wish the challenge could go on all year round, I love it! 🙂

Love that recipe too – easy to make and delicious ingredients.

Great glutes video today, especially with clam shell moves. I also did the Day #4 video (arms).

Happy Monday!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

I know! I can’t either! The month has gone by so fast! And good job on adding in some arms 🙂

3. Stacey 3 years ago

This morning’s workout felt so good, I know I’ve gotten stronger since day 1. My extra workout was Saturday’s ab workout, you can never get enough core strengthening!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Yay! Congrats! Isn’t that the best feeling? 🙂

4. Kim 3 years ago

I also can’t believe our 28 days is almost over! 🙁 However, I am so proud of myself and everyone that has stuck with it this month. I feel so great and I am definitely getting stronger. Thanks for the great glute workout today. I also added Saturday’s abs along with it. Have a great Monday everyone!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

I am too Kim! SO proud. And so impressed. Hope you have a good Monday 🙂

5. ana 3 years ago

I just love to arrive home and have a post waiting for me…excellent exercises!! I’m portuguese, by the way!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Hi Ana! So glad to have you as a part of the challenge 🙂

6. Nicole 3 years ago

Loved it! I added on the day 20 core strength video. I’ve been working on focusing on my abs & not allowing my hip flexors to compensate like you suggested for me a few days ago, & I noticed a difference today. I still have a long way to go but at least I’m noticing progress! Getting my abs back since having my 3rd baby has been a challenge!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Day 20 seems to have been a popular add-on today 🙂 I’m so glad you’re noticing some progress. Keep up the great work and keep modifying as necessary to progress without pain. You’re doing so great!

7. Aurélie 3 years ago

For me today it’s glutes and abs (Tuesday’s workout): my favorites!!!
    Enjoying every last bit of the February and already planing rerun in March!!!

8. Jamie 3 years ago

I did stretch and relax again. I don’t do that often enough. AND I played a soccer game yesterday (first one in a few years). My legs needed that stretch again. MIss you, Robin!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Good choice Jamie! Love that you got to play soccer again. I can imagine that woke up some sleeping muscles 🙂

9. Courtney 3 years ago

You always seem to know right when my shoulder starts to tense up. 🙂

10. Cara 3 years ago

Thanks Robin! I was feeling very achy, especially in my hips, before I did these exercises. They really helped me loosen up a bit and feel better. I liked all of these as I could feel them in all parts of the gluts. Can we please make February another 28 days:-)??

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

So glad you’re feeling better! And I know….I’d love to do another month too! Maybe soon 🙂

11. Cara 3 years ago

I went back and did day 13 abs and I can’t believe the difference from when I did them on day 13!! I felt much stronger. Thanks Robin. You have really shown me how just a few minutes everyday can make a big difference.

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Isn’t that the best feeling?? Great job!! It’s all your hard work paying off 🙂

12. Kristin 3 years ago

I just went back and did Day 20 &21. Wow, was Day 20 an ab burner! I must’ve liked it enough the first time to want to do it again!
    Thanks Robin!
    What kind of results do you typically see from a program like this? It’s been a year since I’ve done regular Pilates..

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Day 20 was a popular one today! And yes, it’s a toughie 🙂

Pilates will start to show results within a few weeks – but of course it matters what you’re doing off the mat as well (eating well and getting enough sleep). But if you’ve been doing the challenge from day 1 I am willing to bet you’ll notice a difference on day 28!

13. Megan H. 3 years ago

woo! Great butt workout! I am playing catch-up, so I also did an arm workout. This has been a great challenge this month!

14. Tamika 3 years ago

I love your glute days!!! I wish the 28 days wasn’t coming to an end!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

I do too Tamika! Love you you can really FEEL the exercises working to get that bootie into shape 🙂 Keep up the great work! xo