Keeping my immunity strong and fighting off any unwanted colds is always a priority this time of year, but it’s even more important this year as we have two little babies we want to protect from the winter germs!
I have a few tricks up my sleeve I keep on hand during this time of year to help fight those unwanted sniffles and boost our immune systems, and I thought they would be great to share with you too!
Here are my go-to remedies:
Healing Morning Elixir:
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar (I like Bragg’s)
- 1 cup cold water
- splash of organic apple juice
- Mix it up and drink. Raw apple cider vinegar is really good for the immune system!
Raw Garlic + Olives:
- Peel and slice 1-2 raw cloves of garlic.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes (this triggers an enzyme reaction that boosts the healthy compounds for maximum benefit).
- Stuff raw garlic into an olive and eat to boost your immune system and support healing.
Warm Salt Water Gargle:
- At first signs of a cold, fill a mug half-full with warm water and a scoop of sea salt (I like Redmond’s Real Salt).
- Mix well, gargle, and spit. Repeat until mug is empty.
- This helps to soothe a sore throat, as well as prevent infection.
A soothing routine can help increase oxygen in your blood and reduce congestion.
A few other things that I turn to when feeling under the weather:
- Bone Broth ( I like Bonafide Provisions, but it’s easy to make your own too!)
- SLEEP! So important for your body to get back to normal.
- Hydration – I always keep a bottle of water next to me, but it’s even more important when you’re not feeling 100%.
I hope you find these remedies helpful and you have a healthy winter season! Of course, these are not to be used in place of medical advice. Be sure to consult with your doctor for the best path of healing for you.