Pilates for Tight Hamstrings

Hi Beauties!

Do you have tight hamstrings? You’re not alone.

“Tight” hamstrings are a common condition in today’s society. But the good news is, it doesn’t have to be this way!

Basic hamstring stretches rarely do much to create lasting changes in your flexibility, but you can absolutely improve your overall mobility with the help of Pilates.

What makes Pilates different? It takes your WHOLE body into account.

“Tight” hamstrings can be caused by a variety of factors such as:
  • An injured or unstable lower back
  • An aggravated sciatic nerve
  • Lack of mobility in the hip joint
  • Under-active glute muscles leading to over-active hamstring muscles
  • The positioning/alignment of your pelvis
  • Old injuries

I just uploaded a brand new video to my YouTube channel, that I think you’ll love if this “tight hamstring” issue speaks to you.

Click here to try this 6-minute Pilates for Tight Hamstrings Workout on YouTube.

You can sneak this into your day, no matter how busy you are – and I promise you’ll feel so much better when you’re done!

CLICK HERE to view the video directly on YouTube.

Leave a comment when you’re done and let me know how you’re sneaking this routine into your busy day!

PS – Did you enjoy this workout? Be sure to check out Pilates At Your Desk as well. 🙂

By signing up, you'll be added to The Balanced Life's email list and will receive regular emails that include inspiration, tips, and special offers to help you build a healthy + balanced lifestyle. We take care of your data in accordance with our privacy policy and you are free to unsubscribe at any time.

1. Jessica Hughes 2 years ago

Thank you for uploading this; it looks wonderful! Is there any chance of making it so that we can download it in Vimeo, please? Thank you!

• Author
      Jordin Tinar 2 years ago

Glad you liked the workout, Jessica! I’m sorry, but this one is only available on YouTube at this time.

2. Erica Voell 2 years ago

This felt great after sitting at my desk all day. My hamstrings were very tight and feel so much better. Amazing what just five minutes can do.

3. jisha 2 years ago

thank you for uploading the workout video this is my first visit to your site and i liked it hope you have great time

4. Mindy 2 years ago

Hi Robin
    Your hamstring video mentioned a 20minute stretching video. Can you please tell me where I can find that? I did not see the link below that you mentioned to get it.
    Thank you!

5. Catriona Barnes 2 years ago

Good choice! Feeling a bit more flexibility, thank you.

6. Eileen Gerling 2 years ago

Finally fit this in after running today and always feeling like my hamstrings limit me in the straight leg exercises, it was great!

7. Marie VanKuren 1 year ago

Hello! Please send me the 20 min. video of stretching – particularly for those with tight hamstrings.

I really enjoy the videos (and the back drop is awesome). Thanks for putting them together!

8. Sheila Forgham 2 months ago

I’m doing this twice a day and love it. Certainly working the magic on my hamstrings! Great exercises to help with my recovery from a broken femur! ❤️

9. Jessy s 2 months ago

Blogs are so interactive where we get lots of informative on any topics…… nice job keep it up !