Mental health is often left out of the conversation when it comes to health and fitness. However, with as many people as it impacts and the struggles that many people face due to its severity, it’s important that we destigmatize it and normalize the experience. As someone who has struggled with anxiety, Robin is very passionate about supporting both physical and mental health at The Balanced Life.
In this conversation, Robin shares statistics about mental health, the importance of it, and ways we can work to improve our own mental health. She discusses the strategies she uses to regulate her anxiety and tangible tips you can use to support yourself or others who are experiencing it.
Show highlights: what you can look forward to in this episode!
- Mental and emotional health are intertwined and we have to care for both.
- Statistics about mental health and why it’s important to normalize it.
- Robin shares her experience with anxiety and how therapy has been transformative for her experience.
- How Pilates can help regulate both physical and mental health.
- How the media we consume has an impact on our mental and emotional health.
- Trying our best to give ourselves grace over guilt when it comes to sleep can improve the mental stress of daily life.
- Counseling and therapists are great resources to get on a better path towards overall health.
Links in this episode:
- The Balanced Life
- Pilates Strong: a FREE 5-Day Pilates Challenge
- The Balanced Life Sisterhood
- The Balanced Life on Instagram
- Episode 40
- Robin’s favorite decaf coffee
- Telehealth Counseling Services: BetterHelp
- Telehealth Counseling Services: Talkspace
- Raising Worry-Free Girls by Sissy Goff
Share this podcast episode!