When it comes to our health, we all have beliefs that may be holding us back from being the healthiest versions of ourselves. Sometimes we have to learn from those mistakes to grow, but sometimes we get an outside perspective so we don’t have to make the same mistakes.
Today, Robin shares the biggest mistakes she’s made in her fitness journey that held her back from being the healthiest version of herself. In this episode, she discusses many beliefs she had that proved to not only be untrue, but detrimental to her growth. She also shares the importance of nourishing your body and how to positively connect with your body to improve your physical and mental health.
Show highlights: what you can look forward to in this episode!
- One of the biggest mistakes you can make is thinking that eating less means being healthy
- Working out more is not always the healthiest option
- Focusing on nutritional value and how food makes you feel is more important than the calorie count
- Expecting quick results and quitting when they don’t work immediately is a mistake
- Overlooking the importance of mental and emotional health is a common mistake when looking at health
- If your workout goals are making you miserable and putting extreme pressure on you, it’s important to take a step back and re-evaluate your approach
- Looking at your body only as something to improve can lead to disconnect and a negative relationship with your body
Links in this episode:
Share this Podcast Episode!