Do you ever pay attention to the way you start your day and how it affects you?
Early mornings can be rough. But thankfully, we get to decide what these mornings look like and we don’t have to be a victim of early morning blues.
I noticed awhile back that I was falling into the habit of waking up and immediately sitting at the computer to check email and Facebook. I’m not saying this is inherently bad, but for me, it sure wasn’t helping my mood or energy.
Email sometimes stressed me out and Facebook always zoned me out. Not exactly a morning pick-me-up. Perhaps you can relate?
I’ve been trying to be more intentional about the way I start my day.
If you can relate to needing a change in your morning routine here are a few ideas to try:
- leisurely read the paper and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea
- go for a morning walk
- read the bible or another book that awakens your spirit
- journal (perhaps write out a short gratitude list?)
- sit by a window and enjoy a few minutes of silence before the rest of the house wakes up
- listen to uplifting music instead of watching the news
- do Pilates! (you can sign up on the right side of the page and receive a free 10 minute guided workout)
So, this week, lets give this some thought. Let’s be intentional about starting our days off in a way that fills us up.
This is one small part of our lives that we have some control over and it’s an opportunity to make a simple change that will invite more life into our days.
Question: what is your favorite way to start the day?