A quick disclaimer: If you’re feeling great about your body and you don’t struggle with negative self-talk…this post probably isn’t relevant to you.
But if you’re unhappy with your body and it’s something you think about often…keep reading.
Today, I challenge you to pay attention to the amount of headspace you’re giving to focusing on all the things you DON’T like about yourself.
Be mindful and notice:
- every cringe when looking in the mirror
- every thought about what you should/shouldn’t eat
- every tug at your clothing that makes you frustrated about the size, shape, and feel of your body
- every thought about how bad your hair looks
What if you took all of the time you spent thinking about these things…how much you dislike your body, how big your stomach is, how flabby your muscles are…(insert your own personal negative thought here)…and channeled it toward something else?
Can you imagine how much head space and energy you would get back?
- If you STOPPED the never-ending negative conversation in your head…
- If you LET GO of the belief that you need to be better/different/more/less/smaller/thinner…
Imagine how much time and energy we would free up to put toward things that are truly meaningful! 🌟
Women – we are brilliant. We are powerful. We have SO much to offer the world. And yet, some of us waste a significant amount of time and energy focusing on what’s wrong with the way we look.
We could love more people, do more good, start more businesses, think more thoughts, make more memories…the impact could be world-changing!
If you’re up for the challenge today, leave a comment on this blog post. I’d love to hear from you and cheer you on.
Always in your corner…