This month, our mission in The Balanced Life Sisterhood is simple: get more sleep.
And while this is a simple mission, it’s not always EASY. Whether it’s due to babies, toddlers, insomnia, or late night Netflix binges – most of us don’t get enough sleep. I personally notice a huge difference when I get adequate sleep vs. broken sleep (or simply not enough sleep). The next day I’m less focused, more irritable, less motivated and experience a much higher level of cravings – especially for carbs, sweets and treats.
We know through research that all of these things are a direct effect of not getting enough sleep the night before, so I challenged our entire Sisterhood community to pursue more sleep this month. A pretty fun wellness goal isn’t it?
When Tomorrow Sleep reached out to me to try their new sleep system, it aligned perfectly with this month’s mission so I said yes. I’ve also been very curious about these “bed in a box” situations so was eager to give it a try.
I was shocked that an entire KING size mattress could arrive in a box this small. But sure enough, once the shrink wrap was removed, the bed fully expanded and it looks just like a normal mattress!
What was most intriguing to me about Tomorrow Sleep as a whole, is their holistic approach to sleep. They understand that a good mattress is just ONE component of what it takes to set yourself up for a good night’s sleep.
They’re passionate about improving sleep and providing a system of products to help along the way.
One part of me jumped at this opportunity. It was time for us to replace our mattress, with two kids who often sneak into bed with us we were ready to upgrade to a king size, but at the same time, I LOVED our well-slept-in queen and was hesitant to try something new.
An honest review of our Tomorrow Sleep mattress and sleep system:
All in all, I’ve been very happy with the mattress. In case you’re in the market for a new mattress yourself, here are my pros & cons:
- Affordable (especially with the coupon code below!)
- Delivered to your doorstep
- Free shipping
- 100 night trial
- Cooling high-density memory foam with a breathable, supportive coil system (my husband actually stays cool!)
- American made
- Environmentally friendly and made without ozone depleters, PBDE flame retardants, mercury, lead and other heavy metals, formaldehyde, and phthalates
- Plenty big and very little transfer of movement
- Cooling sheets
- Sleep tracker monitor that analyzes your sleep cycles, breathing and movement to offer personalized suggestions for better sleep
- I really like firm mattresses. I got the medium-firm and wish it was a little firmer. I do wake up with a slight bit of soreness in the mornings, but it dissipates within minutes
- Not 100% organic
- Doesn’t come with a box spring so if you need that for your bed you’ll need to purchase it separately or use one you already have
All in all, I’ve been very happy with the mattress and if you’re like me before you buy ANYTHING of this size, you do a quick search for reviews. So if you’re in the market for a new mattress, I hope you find this post helpful!
Tomorrow Sleep was kind enough to offer an exclusive discount for readers of The Balanced Life.
Enter the following code at checkout for $150.00 off your purchase: BALANCED150
Cheers to deep, restorative sleep!