The best podcasts to help you live a healthy, balanced life

Hi Beauties!

Any other podcast lovers out there?

I don’t have as much time to read these days, so podcasts have provided the opportunity to continue growing and learning, even when I’m short on time.

I listen to them in the car, in my ear buds while on walks, and on my phone while getting ready for the day.

I thought it would be fun to invite the TBL Team to share some of their favorite podcasts that relate to living a healthy, balanced life and I’d love to hear yours too!

Robin’s Favorite Podcasts:

Coffee + Crumbs (this is a team favorite!)

The Purpose Show with Allie Casazza

TedTalks Health

The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes

So Money with Farnoosh Torabi

Becky’s Favorites:

The Lazy Genius

hey, girl. by Alex Elle

Happier with Gretchen Rubin

Sarah’s Favorites:

The Goal Digger Podcast (another team fave!)

The Next Right Thing with Emily P. Freeman

The Popcast with Knox and Jamie

Jordin’s Favorites:

That’s So Maven by The Healthy Maven

The Lively Show

Second Life by My Domaine

Teddi’s Favorites:

Sure, Babe Podcast

For the Love with Jen Hatmaker

How I Built This

Now I want to hear from you! Let me know your favorite podcasts in the comments below and if you find a new favorite from our list, I’d love to hear about it!

PS – Did you enjoy this post? You may also enjoy The Best Meal Prep Tips and my interview with Sure, Babe Podcast host, Chrissy Powers!

Join The Sisterhood Waitlist

1. Dawn Hofberg 3 weeks ago

Favorite podcasts: Modern Love (New York Times)
    The Writer’s Voice
    The New Yorker Radio Hour

2. Catherine 3 weeks ago

Some of my favorite podcasts are The Brain Warrior’s Way, Revisionist History, the Allendar Center, NPR The Hidden Brain, Dr. Caroline Leaf Podcast, Invisibilia, 5WPD with Lisa Whittle. Love podcasts!

3. Kate Balbi 3 weeks ago

I’m really enjoying Rise by Rachel Hollis

• Tonya Gerhart 1 week ago

I love Rachel Hollis, too! She is so incredibly easy to relate to.

4. Bethanie 3 weeks ago

I just recently began listening to Podcasts this summer and I am obsessed! Thank you for the variety of recommendations I am looking forward to checking them out. I have enjoyed listening to: Morning Mindset, Serial, Whine Down with Jana Kramer, and Rock Your Bliss podcast.

5. Helen Blouin 3 weeks ago

Rise Together with the Hollis’s is my new favorite, thanks to the Rise suggestion in Robin’s instastory!

6. Leslie 3 weeks ago

Love: God Centered Mom Podcast, In this Together with Dr. Josh and Christi, Quick to Listen
    Second Amen for those already recommended: The Allender Center as well as The Lazy Genius Podcast and The Next Right Thing.
    Recommended recently but haven’t yet listened: The Daily Liturgy Podcast
    Loved it and wish I could find something similar: Serial — anyone know anything similar?

🙂 Thanks TBL community!

7. Gwen 3 weeks ago

All podcasts by Dr. Caroline Leaf.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/DrCarolineLeaf/videos

8. April Shaffer 3 weeks ago

The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey!

9. Jennifer 3 weeks ago

I’m a knitter, so I listen to a few knitting centered ones – KnitCircus and DoubleKnit. Some of my more general favorites are: Craft-Lit (focused around classic literature, Revisionist History and The Moth.

I enjoy the conversaional ones – I often drive and listen, so it feels like I’ve got friends in the car!

10. Keri 3 weeks ago

Love the lazy genius! I also like revelation wellness and the simple show.

11. Roberta Caudill 3 weeks ago

Any podcast recommendations for moms of teenagers/college students? Although I love The Purpose Show and Coffee and Crumbs looks to be a new favorite, they often seem to be geared towards moms of littles. I know much of the material is universal for moms of all walks of life, but just wondered if there’s anything out there for those trying teenage/college years?

• Teddi Lamons 3 weeks ago

That’s a great question, Roberta! I was just listening to For the Love with Jen Hatmaker…she is currently going through a parenting series, and she has older kids! We have heard great things about The Mom Hour (she has kids from kindergarten into adulthood) and Happier Hour with Jamie Ivey. 🙂

• Lindsay 3 weeks ago

Roberta, maybe check out The Open Door Sisterhood podcast and/or The Mom Hour. Each of the set of hosts have a wider range of children ages, including teenagers/college students.

• Kristin 3 weeks ago

Roberta, try Light the Fight by Heidi Swapp

• Catherine 3 weeks ago

Pairadocs. …Dr. Jimmy Myers has written a couple of books that really helped us with our teen.

12. Candace 3 weeks ago

Thanks for the suggestions! I’m excited to check a lot of these out!
    Some of my favorites right now are:
    Hello Mornings with Kat Lee
    This is Your Life and Lead to Win by Michael Hyatt
    The Way I Heard It with Mike Rowe

13. peta caldwell 3 weeks ago

Hi Robin! Thank you for your list of favorite podcasts! I’m a sometimes podcast listener because I can’t figure out when to listen to them! I’m sure the time is available, but I have to be more serious about fitting them in.
    When I do listen, I listen to my niece Kelsey & her former next door neighbor, Erica’s podcast—the Girl Next Door. It’s so enjoyable & like having friends over to chat!

14. Karen 3 weeks ago

The Feel Good Effect

15. Karen 3 weeks ago

10% Happier is my favorite right now 🙂 I’m looking forward to trying put some new ones!!

16. junelemos 3 weeks ago

Pod Save America and Lovett or Leave It are two of my favorites.

17. AmyB 3 weeks ago

I am a huge podcast fan. Thank you for this thread because it is always great to hear new ones. Here are my favorites:
    Happier with Gretchen Rubin
    The Foodist – Darya Rose
    Grit’n’ Grace: Good Girls Breaking Bad Rules
    Mom’s Struggling Well
    The Practical Minimalists
    Minimalists Moms
    Hungry Girl Chew The Right Thing
    Liz’s Healthy Table
    Half Size Me
    Clutter Free Academy

18. Sandy 3 weeks ago

Awesome with Alison is my favorite

19. Catherine 3 weeks ago

Spilled Milk is pretty funny and often educational!

20. Caroline 3 weeks ago

Loved this post!! Thanks for the wonderful suggestions! So helpful!

21. Jonina 2 weeks ago

Definitely my favourite is “Dear Sugar” on the New York Times

22. Kelsey Striefel 2 weeks ago

I have really been enjoying the Earn Your Purpose podcast by Lori Harder.

23. Kristina Duprey 1 week ago

I love all these suggestions! I currently listen to a variety : Wellness Mama, The gratitude podcast, broken brain, the school of greatness, the model health show and for the love with Jen Hatmaker. I will write down all these new ones check them out.