{Slim & Strong in Six} WEEK 1 WORKOUT

For those of you who are participating in “Slim & Stong & Six”, welcome to day 1!

Below you’ll find the workout for the first week. Complete this workout a total of 4x between now and next Monday.

Don’t take yourself too seriously (or my camera skills too seriously) and have fun with it!

But remember, you know your body better than I do. If something doesn’t feel right, skip it. Nothing should hurt (except for maybe the burn in your abs, which I’m okay with:-). If you have special conditions or injuries be sure to speak with a professional to make the appropriate modifications.

Be sure to post comments here and on the Facebook page to help keep each other motivated!

***Update: the week 1 video has been removed. We’re on to Week 2! Click here to view the current workout.***

Excited about the program? Feel free to make a donation to show your support 🙂

{disclaimer: You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other diet/exercise program to determine if it is right for your needs. By joining the program you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.}

By signing up, you'll be added to The Balanced Life's email list and will receive regular emails that include inspiration, tips, and special offers to help you build a healthy + balanced lifestyle. We take care of your data in accordance with our privacy policy and you are free to unsubscribe at any time.

1. linsiloo 8 years ago

oh man, that plank is a biznatch! and so were those leg lifts!! great workout, robin! can’t wait for next monday! : )

2. Sarah Burke 8 years ago

I feel so good after doing that! Agreed, that the plank is a killer but I was loving all the abs and obliques 🙂 Can’t wait to do it 3 more times! feeling so motivated to get back in shape (finally)

3. Maggie 8 years ago

Thanks-I feel great, good workout Robin! Here’s hoping the payoff is worth the burn in those glutes 😉

4. Sandy 8 years ago

This is a great workout Robin! I’m feeling great and am trying to get some of my friends to join the fun! Thanks so much for doing this!

Thanks Sandy! I’d love for you to spread the word. The more people who discover Pilates the better 🙂

• Abby 8 years ago

Is this Sandy B my leg lift sista?! If so thanks for the intro to this great website. Miss you already:)

5. Kelly Hein 8 years ago

Thanks Robin! Second day in a row and I’m more than a little sore! Hoping to see you at Xmas!

Hi Kelly!! So glad you’re doing it! It’s great to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and Brian 🙂

6. Liesl 8 years ago

I’m about a week behind, I just got started today (Sunday). Great work out! Can’t wait to do it again! I’m definitely going to tell all my friends 🙂

Hi Liesl~ welcome! I’m glad you’re enjoying week 1. Make sure you’re on the “Slim & Strong in Six” email list so that you receive the email update each week. You can find it on my previous post “Program Prep & Details.” Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

7. Emily 8 years ago

Very excited about this! Thank you for sharing. I’m a mama of baby #3 and having a hard time not injuring myself during harder cardio workouts, so this is perfect for me. Thank you!

Hi Emily! Welcome to the program! I’m sure as a mother of 3 it can also be very hard to fit your workouts in. Hopefully this will help since it can be done from home 🙂 Be sure to let me know if you have any questions along the way.

8. Emily 8 years ago

Dangit I didn’t have a chance to do week one and now it’s deleted. Any chance you are willing to post it again? Sorry 🙁

Hi Emily! Although I will not be re-posting week 1, I will be putting them together for a package in the end so it will be available in a few weeks. Until then, I wouldn’t hesitate to jump into this week’s workout. If it feels too challenging simply rest when necessary, modify to your level and send me questions along the way. I am happy to help you modify exercises that don’t feel right on your body. I will also keep you posted as to when Week 1 is available again. Are you on the mailing list? If not, click here to sign up so that you receive updates.
      Let me know if you have any questions 🙂