If you’re like me, you’re ready for some healthy meals to help get back on track after all of the holiday indulgence. This salmon recipe is a delicious dinner idea taken directly from The Pilates Body Program meal plan, created by Drew Parisi of Parisi Nutrition. Plain old baked salmon recipes can get old and boring. This one will not only kick up the flavor but also increase the nutritional value by adding pumpkin seeds, garlic, lemon and heart healthy oils.
Cilantro-Pesto Crusted Salmon
4 salmon filets
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 bunch fresh cilantro
2 Tbs. olive or flax oil
2 cloves fresh garlic
salt, pepper & lemon to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Puff pumpkin seeds on the stove over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
3. Place seeds in blender along with cilantro, oil, and crushed garlic.
4. Blend until smooth adding water if necessary. Add salt & lemon to taste.
5. Brush a baking sheet with oil and place filets on it, season with salt & pepper.
6. Spread a layer of pesto over each filet.
7. Bake until salmon is cooked through – approximately 10-15 minutes based on the thickness of the fish.
Drew recommends pairing this healthy, high protein dish with quinoa and winter fruit salad. You can receive that recipe by viewing a sample of The Pilates Body Program meal plan. Simply enter your email below.
Nutritional Bonus: pumpkin seeds have been found to reduce inflammation lower cholesterol.