5 Tips To Avoid Holiday Weight Gain PLUS a new program!

I have a question for you.

Do you tend to gain weight, stress out, or throw your healthy habits to the wind during the holiday season?

Have you ever wondered why you fall into this trap each year?

Maybe you tell yourself that it’s unavoidable, or you’ll start working out tomorrow, or “someday soon.”

Let me tell you the truth. “Someday” is usually code for never. “Tomorrow” and “someday” never actually come.

If you have decided that you’re not interested in staying fit this season, that’s okay. You don’t have to exercise to be a worthy, beautiful woman.

But if you WANT to stay fit, healthy and strong this season, it’s time to make plan to avoid the pitfalls you’ve experienced in the past.

how to not gain weight

5 Clever Tips To Avoid Weight Gain & Stress This Season

1. Make a plan.

If you go into this busy season without a plan in place, workouts will fall by the wayside. You’ll continue to try for “tomorrow” and tomorrow will never come. Decide on a realistic plan to stay fit and stick to it.

2. Indulge when it’s truly worth it.

It’s easy to indulge on a daily basis this time of year; at the office, at home, at parties…the options are endless. So indulge when it’s TRULY worth it. Make a choice and enjoy it rather than eating something just because it’s there. Making this distinction can make a big difference in how you feel and how your clothes fit come January 1st.

3. Grab a girlfriend.

Everything is better with friends. Do you have a health-minded girlfriend who may be interested in meeting up for workout dates? Keep it simple and have fun. Having someone to check in with or people cheering you on will make a world of difference.

4. Put your plan on paper.

Call me old-fashioned but I love pen and paper. For all of my online programs I create printable weekly workout calendars so that clients can cross each workout off as it’s completed. Doing so provides a great sense of accomplishment and keeps you focused.

5. Keep it convenient.

Let’s be honest, this time of year is busy. Commitments add up quickly so the number one factor in your success this season is convenience. If your workouts require extra drive time, extra showers and extra planning, they’re much less likely to happen. Find a convenient way to exercise to ensure that it actually happens.

What To Do Right Now…

Review the tips above and get started. That’s what you need to do right now.

Fit people don’t just talk about getting fit, they make a plan and do the work.

If you’d like a plan to ensure that you stay on track and see results this season, you may enjoy my new program that kicks off on November 17th.

pilates-4-x-4

Pilates 4×4 is designed to keep you slim, strong, and stress-free during the holiday season.

Rather than waiting until the new year, let’s get started on sculpting strong, sexy bodies NOW.

Let’s do the work so that we feel beautiful and confident at our holiday parties and family reunions.

You’ll be AMAZED by the results you can see in just 4 short weeks. Pilates works and I’m SO excited for you to experience the magic of the method in your own body.

I’ve seen it with my online clients time after time. From traveling business women to stay-at-home moms; this method works. Having access to these strategic Pilates workouts is guaranteed to bring results.

RobinLong20

Here are the details….

WHO:

You, me and the incredibly supportive community of Balanced Life beauties.

WHAT:

• A 4-week online Pilates program.
  • Every Monday you’ll receive a new, 40-minute Pilates workout in your inbox. You commit to completing that video 4x during the week.
  • Workouts include:
  1. Classic Pilates (like you know and love)
  2. Pilates At The Barre (so much fun! you can use a chair at home in place of the barre)
  3. Pilates With Weights (upper body sculpting)
  4. Cardio Pilates (to make you sweat)
  • Each video is designed to sculpt a long, lean Pilates body from the comfort of your own home.
  • I’ll send weekly emails to ensure that you get down on your mat and stay committed during this busy season.

The videos are SO user-friendly. Robin’s positivity really helped to discover a true love for Pilates! She always makes me feel confident in my abilities and I need that. Her workouts are so enjoyable, I feel great after I do them! I feel STRONG for the first time in my adult life. ” – Natalie M.

barre-workout

WHEN:

• The program kicks off on 11/17 and concludes on 12/14.

• A new workout will be in your inbox every Monday morning. You can do them on your own time throughout the week.

WHERE:

All workouts can be done from the comfort of your own home!

Online pilates

WHY:

Because in the midst of a busy season you deserve (and NEED) to take time for yourself.

Stress levels are high this time of year so why not have a plan in place to feel healthy, calm, and stress-free?

And because it will feel great to kick off 2015 slipping into your skinny jeans and showing of newly defined muscles.

I’ve created a plan to make sure that you stay on track this holiday season, all you have to do is follow along.

I know the holidays are busy but this small investment in your health will make a world of difference in your mood, well-being and confidence. I’ve kept it super affordable so that no matter what your budget, you can make this work.

JOIN NOW FOR JUST $47

join-now200

A portion of all proceeds will be donated to Samaritan’s Purse, providing gifts and resources to children in areas of crisis this holiday season.

I’m a homeschooling mom, so it can be tough (and frustrating) for me to get to the gym, or even to get in the high intensity workouts that I was doing at home without getting interrupted. With Robin’s online workouts, I am able to easily fit them in any time of the day at home, and can easily pause the workouts if I needed to help one of my kids with something. It never feels like a burden to do her workouts…it’s more like a reward! A little window of time to take care of me. I always finished feeling strong and refreshed, ready to take on the rest of my day.” Brooke K.

pilates-blog

EARLY BIRD BONUS:

Sign up by Sunday, November 9th and you’ll also receive a FREE Bonus 20-Minute Barre Workout.

This fun, sculpting workout will be perfect for the days you’re short on timeWe’ll turn up the music and tone the entire body in just 20 minutes; efficient, effective and energizing!

join-now200

Registration will close on Monday, November 17th, at 10:00 pm, MST.

Please note: all videos will be fully downloadable and yours to keep forever! They’ll come in handy long after the holiday season and will be great to come back to again and again.

Finding Robin’s website has been  a huge catalyst for change in my life.  Her message of grace over guilt and changing your entire mindset when it comes to healthy eating and exercising was exactly what I needed to hear.  I started with her free, 10 minute programs and noticed an immediate difference.  My core, which has always been weak, immediately started to firm up and feel stronger.  I also found what Robin says to be so true, taking the time to fit in Pilates as a way to care for yourself carries over into other areas of you life such as what you eat and wanting to move more in other ways too.  I added walking to my daily routine and in about 3 months I was down 15 pounds and feeling much stronger and more energetic. Robin was amazing to work with.” – Adrienne E.

So are you in?

Click the link above to sign up and then let me know in the comments. I can’t wait to get started!

PS- I offer a 100% money back guarantee. So don’t worry, if you join and change your mind I’ll refund your purchase in full, no questions asked. 🙂

PPS – I did not forget our winners! @mamafoote529, @joellek85 and Chandelle F. you are the lucky 3! Send me an email with your contact info and I’ll get you all set up. 🙂

By signing up, you'll be added to The Balanced Life's email list and will receive regular emails that include inspiration, tips, and special offers to help you build a healthy + balanced lifestyle. We take care of your data in accordance with our privacy policy and you are free to unsubscribe at any time.

1. jodie 5 years ago

I am in!!:)

2. Carolyn 5 years ago

I’m in!

3. Adie 5 years ago

Signed up! So excited for the new workouts. I’ve been dying to try barre.

4. Linda 5 years ago

So excited!

5. JamieB 5 years ago

I’m very excited about the barre workouts! I’m also excited about Samaritan’s Purse! They make Christmas a reality for millions of children all over the world.

Yes, you will love the barre workouts! And I love how Samaritan’s Purse give children the opportunity to be JOYFUL again. xoxo

6. [email protected] 5 years ago

Yay! Just signed up! I’m so excited that you are giving a portion of proceeds to Samaritan’s Purse. They are shining the light of Jesus big time all over our world. One more thing- our paypal is under my husband’s email. How can I get the videos sent to me and not him?
    Thanks!
    xo

Hi there! Yes, I love that Samaritan’s purse gift children the gift of joy and surprise during the holidays! Such a gift. Did you follow the link in the confirmation email to complete the registration process? At that point you could insert your own email address. If you didn’t get that confirmation email, let me know. 🙂 In fact, send me an email and then we’ll go from there. xo

7. Angela 5 years ago

So excited to do this program!

8. Meghan 5 years ago

Hi Robin- I signed up and paid but there was a typo in the email address I used- I typed mp688068 instead of mp689067- is there any way to fix this or do I have to register and pay again?

• Meghan 5 years ago

Ok I hate my phone- the email should be 688067 not 688068 or 689067

Hi Megan! I can definitely make this change. 🙂 I see your other comment and will make the change to your account. Thanks for letting me know!

xo
      Robin

9. Connie 5 years ago

I have been following your blog and have been doing your exercises for the last 6 months or so. I have done all the series you have on you tube (more than once!). I lost the last stubborn 5 lbs i was struggling with and have noticed a huge change in my body which I love. Ironically I was following Sarah Beth in the winter so it’s so nice to see the 2 of you doing stuff together! I’m a huge fan of yours!! Definitely thinking about joining this new program! Keep doing what you are passionate about cause it’s definitely helping! Short daily workouts have kept me motivated to keep fit and healthy, so thank you!

I LOVE hearing that Connie! Thank you so much for sharing! I would love to have you as a part of this program. It will be a great set of workouts to have on hand for future use as well. Keep up the great work! xoxo

• Connie 5 years ago

Right after I sent you this note I signed up! So looking forward to the workouts!!!

10. Jennifer 5 years ago

I signed up. I’m definitely looking forward to making good choices over the holidays!

So glad to hear that Jennifer! Can’t wait to get started. 🙂

11. Emily 5 years ago

I am so excited for this program! I would love to fight the holiday weight gain before it even starts and get my body on the right track for the holiday season and the upcoming year! This is my first program of yours, but I have been following your blog for the past few weeks. I can’t wait 🙂

Hi Emily! I’m so glad you joined! Having a plan in place to stay healthy will make all the difference in the world. Welcome to the community! xo

12. Jessica 5 years ago

Just signed up! Looking forward to it 🙂

13. Leah 5 years ago

Yay!!! I’m in too:)

14. Gina 5 years ago

I’m in! So excited!

15. Leah 5 years ago

I’m in as well!

16. Veronica 5 years ago

I’m in!! I’ve missed you since PBP :-). Can’t wait to continue on my health journey with you!!

I’ve missed you too Veronica! I’ll be back in your inbox soon. 🙂

17. Camille 5 years ago

Signed up! 🙂 Super excited to start this as life is getting really stressful as the holiday season approaches… Love from London!

So glad you’re doing this Camille! It will be nice to have an outlet for all the stress. 🙂 xoxo

18. Meredith 5 years ago

All signed up and ready to go! Working out at home during my “pockets of time” is where I see the most success! Thanks for creating another series!!! I’ve done some of your past challenges but have not figured out how to save the emails (videos on vimeo) to have for future use. Can you help with that? Looking forward to a healthy end to this year!!! Peace.

Hi Meredith! Pockets of time are my style these days too. When you view your video in Vimeo you should see a link below the video that says “download.” If you don’t see it, take a screenshot and send it my way and I’ll do my best to help. 🙂

19. Denisse 5 years ago

Hi I’m In!! I have been following your youtube channel and I love it. I am from Guayaquil, Ecuador.

20. Roberta 5 years ago

I just registered and I am SO excited! I’ve really been wanting to give Pilates some serious attention but have only done bits and pieces here and there (mainly your shorter videos). I’m excited to COMMIT to this and see the results!

Yes! Committing will bring the best results. You’ve got this! xo

21. Kathleen 5 years ago

Hi-
    I’m really excited about this. I’m getting married on New Years Eve, so this is perfect timing for me! I ~think~ I just registered (possibly 3 times…accidently) I had to create a paypal account and am not sure if it went through. I did not get a confirmation email so I’m assuming it didn’t work. I can use my bf’s paypal if mine didn’t work.
    Would you please let me know? Thanks!
    Kathleen

Oh PERFECT timing! How exciting. 🙂 And I checked with the email address you used to write this comment and didn’t see a payment go through. Perhaps try again? If you have trouble let me know. We’ll get it sorted out. 🙂

• kathleen 5 years ago

Got it! Looking forward to this 🙂

22. Kim Pascua 5 years ago

Just signed up and can’t wait to get back at it! I found you last year at this time and I am so grateful. I have had a rough year with many changes and challenges. I have fallen off my work out routine and committing to this program will get me back on track. Thanks again for putting this together. I am so looking forward to it and to seeing your smiling face in my inbox again!

Kim! Great to see you again! I know it’s been a big year for you. I’m glad you’re getting back to taking care of yourself through a healthy routine. It’s gonna be good. xo

23. Christine Walsh 5 years ago

I’m in too!! So looking forward to Mondays now 😉
    Love your style Robin.
    Thank you, thank you!

Yay! I’m glad we’re going to make Mondays less gloomy. Can’t wait to get started. 🙂

24. wendy snyder 5 years ago

Awesome Robin, I’d love to join!! Just want to make sure I can download them, so I can do them when I’m in Fiji, right? Vs. the last ones I purchased that I watched on vimeo….I know you said there was a way around it, just confirming that this time will be straight forward download? If not, that’s ok too, I’ll just have my hubby figure it out : ))
    I’m off to Fiji from 11/20-11/28, so I’ll miss a week, but this program is less “online chat/support” and more just “get videos each week, read your emails, and do the workouts, right?”.
    happy I found you….love your teaching!!

Hi Wendy!
      The workouts are easily downloaded to a desktop or laptop computer. It gets tricky when you want to download to an iPad but I figured out that it can be done! It’s a matter of downloading them on a computer, importing them into your iTunes, and then syncing your iPad with your computer to get the videos into your iTunes. You can then watch them from there. 🙂

And you’re right – this program is less about back and forth interaction and more about just following along. Great questions! xoxo

PS – can I come to Fiji with you? 🙂

25. Quinn Savona 5 years ago

Signed up! I have done a few of your shorter videos and have loved them. Looking forward to it. Thanks:)

I’m so glad Quinn! I’m excited to officially welcome you to The Balanced Life community! xoxo

26. Christina Gathright 5 years ago

Yea! Super excited for this! Thank you for being seriously awesome Robin! 🙂

27. Jenn Rawlings 5 years ago

Thank you robin for this program! 4×4 will be amazing! I have been workig on pen&papering my fit-fun festivities for this season! Being 6 months pregnant keeps me motivated to sty healthy for my little girl who turns two in a month and the little man who will be born in march! Is this program safe for pregnant women?

28. Nicole 5 years ago

This sounds great! I’m hoping I can find a way to come up with the funds by the weekend! Going into the holiday season it’s hard to have some extra cash, but hopefully I can adjust the budget. I love your videos, so this seems like a great “next step”

That would be so great Nicole! I know the holidays are a busy time. Don’t forget about your needs in the midst of it all. Either way I’m so glad you’re wanting to take that next step! xoxo

29. […] I am SO excited for those of you who have signed up for Pilates 4×4. […]

30. […] – want to make sure that you see results from your workouts this holiday season? Join Pilates 4×4 kicking off on 11/17.  4 weeks of online Pilates workouts, only 4 days per week, 40 minutes each. […]

31. laura 5 years ago

i’m in. can’t wait- i’ve been doing the challenges since i found you through jill gg’s blog. i love it. you’re so encouraging and great to follow along too. i hate gyms, i always feel like an idiot, i’ll probably still feel like an idiot, but i’ll be at home and have no excuse to wimp out!

Oh I love her! So glad you’re joining in this. And it’s always nice to be in the comfort of your own home! 🙂

32. Karen 5 years ago

Just signed up today! I haven’t been very active as of late since I’m in Spain this semester. It’s caught up to me, and today I started doing the Pilates for Beginner series again. Definitely a great way to get back into the groove. Spending some money to make sure this last month in Madrid is made even better by staying active and stress free 🙂 Thanks for all you do, Robin!

Oh I’m so glad you jumped in on the Pilates For Beginners series. That’s a great place to start and a great refresher. It’s great to invest in your health because it always pays off. Can’t wait to get started! xo

33. Amanda 5 years ago

I’m so excited to start the 4×4 program. I really need the accountability!

Yay! Now you have a plan in place. You can feel great about that. 🙂

34. Jessi Kolouri 5 years ago

I just signed up and I can’t wait! Thank you so much for offering this series. 🙂

So glad to hear that! Welcome to the program Jessi! xo

35. Helen 5 years ago

I’ve joined – can’t wait! 🙂

36. Laura 5 years ago

Just joined up! Excited to stay committed this season 🙂

Happy to hear that Laura! We’ll have a good time. 🙂

37. Rachel 5 years ago

I’m in and ready!

38. Laura 5 years ago

Yay, I am so excited about this!

39. Jurlene 5 years ago

So, Robin…will we receive an email that gives info about the workouts? Thanks!

Hi Jurlene! The program officially kicks off on Monday, November 17th. But for those who sign up before the bonus deadline tonight I’ll be sending out the bonus barre workout tomorrow morning. 🙂

40. Chase 5 years ago

I just signed up but I’m a little nervous that my sensitive knees might not be able to do the videos. Your traditional pilates videos are all fine, but I could not do your cardio add on class during the last challenge with my knees at all. Hopefully 🙂

Hi Chase! So glad you joined! You’ll just want to take it easy on that one. You can choose any kind of cardio interval that you like when I go into the cardio intervals. So that could mean marching, dancing..anything that gets your heart rate up! 🙂

• Chase 5 years ago

I will do that. Thank you!Looking forward to doing another one of your programs!

41. Jodi 5 years ago

just signed up!!! SO excited…. thanks

42. adrienne 5 years ago

I just signed up! I have a PLAN!!! Thanks Robin!

43. Caleigh 5 years ago

I just impulsively signed up! I did your #mindbodymat challenge earlier and loved it. I’m already stressed about the holidays and to make matters worse, I have two weeks of work travel (I’m typing this from a hotel room!). I’m really looking forward to finding a solid balance and helping to make my mind and body strong. 🙂

44. Pilates 4x4: FAQ 5 years ago

[…] recently posted a commented on my Instagram account saying they are looking forward to Pilates 4×4 because it will make Mondays exciting again. I love that! It’s […]

45. Jennifer 5 years ago

I’ve been waffling, but have so enjoyed the run club that I took the plunge. thanks!

46. Margaret Jones 5 years ago

Robin,
    I can’t believe I miss the free barre workout! I was camping with my daughter’s American Heritage Girls troop all weekend. I intended to sign up when I got home last night, but instead I fell right into bed! Oh well, I am really looking forward to this program and know it will be worth it even without the 20 minute barre workout. I am hoping to get my daughter to do your beginner workouts as soon as we get her computer set back up in her room. She is about to be 16 and she wanted a new room. I want her to start a healthy fitness routine that she can carry with her to college and beyond. Thanks for all you do!!

47. Laura 5 years ago

Just found your blog this evening and signed up! Wish I had seen it last week lol. Looking forward to being proactive about the holiday weight gain this year.

Oh good! Welcome! Can’t wait to get started on Monday. 🙂

48. Lisa 5 years ago

Just signed up and excited to get started. I did the summer series you had a while back and loved it. Thanks for offering such a great variety of workout opportunities. Now to make sure I stick to it. 🙂

Oh good! Lisa, I’m so glad! You can do it. 🙂