Did that subject line pique your interest?
Improve your skin AND save money? YES PLEASE!
I promise this is not an exaggeration – there is one simple change you can make this year that can absolutely improve your health (everything from weight loss, to clearer skin, to better sleep, to fewer PMS symptoms) and ALSO save you money.
Are you ready for it??
Cooking at home.
I know, I know…it’s not super glamorous, but it’s true! This one simple change can have a profound impact on your skin, your energy, your health, AND your budget this year.
Full disclosure: I got REALLY off track with this the first 9 months after the twins were born.
The first few months we were blessed with meals from friends and family, but after that? I just couldn’t pull it together. I tried, but I was lucky if I got a home-cooked meal on the table 3 nights per week. We ended up eating a lot of takeout and quick meals…and my body and budget definitely felt the impact.
I knew I needed to make a change, but the only way it would happen is if I could get back into a groove of EASY, healthy recipes that didn’t take hours to prepare. I needed the recipes at my fingertips so I could open my computer, open a recipe, and get cooking when I had a moment with free hands.
As you’re making plans to take care of yourself this year – I encourage you to consider making this one simple change.
We talk about this kind of thing inside The Balanced Life Sisterhood where members get access to hundreds of nourishing recipes, searchable by ingredient, dietary preference, course, and more. There’s also a meal planner, favorites list, and shopping list generator.
Enrollment is currently closed to the public, but in the meantime, I encourage you to be thinking about how you can prioritize the beautiful and beneficial ritual of cooking at home this year.
And here’s a quick recipe you can put to use right away. Feel free to save this post to Pinterest for future reference!
One-Skillet Chicken Fajitas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch of cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese for serving
- Fresh cilantro for serving
- Start by adding the coconut oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cubed chicken breasts and saute for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the bell peppers, red onion, and garlic.
- Season with the dried oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper and saute for another 3 minutes or until the bell peppers are soft.
- Serve with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese and fresh cilantro over quinoa or brown rice.
- Serves 2.
Remember, beauties. You do not have to be perfect to see results. Just join me in the goal to cook at home a little more this year and pay attention to how it makes you feel!
In your corner, cheering you on.