#mindbodymat: Day 6…Pilates Abs!

gratitude-quote

Welcome to Week 2 of the #mindbodymat challenge!

I hope you had a nice weekend and continued to take care of yourself. I had a super busy weekend but still managed to do a little Pilates and unplug for a bit.

My husband was out of town so it was just me and the baby girl which was both fun and exhausting all at the same time. Single mamas, I am in awe of you and commend you for your strength. I wish I could come knock on your door and offer to babysit. You deserve a break.

photo-5

Before we begin, we have ย a winner to announce! @jenniferrmccaw please send me an email to claim your prize!

If you didn’t win, don’t worry, another BIG giveaway will be announced tomorrow morning! ๐Ÿ™‚

Self-Care Challenge…

Monday’s often come with a case of the blues. It’s easy to complain, feel down and dread the long week ahead. But rather than giving in to that negativity today we’re going to focus on gratitude.

There is always something to be grateful for. ย <— click to tweet.

MBM 6

Your list can be elaborate or simple. It doesn’t matter. All that matters is that you take a moment to pause and appreciate the good things that surround you today.

Let’s workout…

We’re back to the abs today! Pilates abs are strong abs. The reason Pilates is so effective in building core strength is because we workย at a deeper level. Rather than focusing solely on the superficial muscles (aka: the “6 pack” muscles), we engage the transverse abdominus along with the surrounding muscles.

Pilates works the entireย core which leads to a more strength in a shorter amount of time. <– click to tweet.

We also work efficiently which means that we focus on our form and how we’re moving to get theย most bang for our buck. That’s why we only do 8-10 reps of each exercise.

So today, focus on your form and work deeply. It’s only 10 minutes so give it your all. ๐Ÿ™‚

(note: if the video isn’t displaying for you, copy and past the above link into your web browser to view it on YouTube.)

TODAY’S CHECK-IN: Show me your gratitude list or post a photo of something you’re grateful for. You just may inspire someone else to appreciate the little things today. Be sure to tag me and use the hashtag #mindbodymat.ย

Keep up the great work beauties!

Signature-transPS – You may also enjoy theย What Pilates Can Do For You and The Pilates Principles.

By signing up, you'll be added to The Balanced Life's email list and will receive regular emails that include inspiration, tips, and special offers to help you build a healthy + balanced lifestyle. We take care of your data in accordance with our privacy policy and you are free to unsubscribe at any time.

1. Linda 5 years ago

No video. Just the address

2. Julie Sisk 5 years ago

Same here, no video. Hmmm??? Same thing happened Friday morning-I couldn’t access the video until later in afternoon.

Julie, try copying and pasting the link into your browser. It’s working for me! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Pam 5 years ago

Thanks, it worked when I linked into others comments. Good workout Robin. I teach Pilates but always look for ideas. I loved the spin stretch and rotations on the knee and sitting.

3. Pam 5 years ago

Where is today’s workout?

There are times when there is an embedding issue through YouTube, when this happens try pasting the link into your browser to see if that works. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Pam 5 years ago

I can’t find the video either.

5. tata_ninie 5 years ago

I can’t open the video ! Hope it will be on soon ๐Ÿ˜‰

Did you try pasting the link into your web browser? For some reason it’s not embedding but it’s up on YouTube and fully accessible ๐Ÿ™‚

• tata_ninie 5 years ago

Thank you, I can see it now in the comments.
        anyway I did day #4 to wait.

6. Ana Ankeny 5 years ago

A tough workout, but made it through! Love working the abs and the core muscles. Thank you for keeping the workouts 10 minutes…can get them done before my little kids wake!!

7. April 5 years ago

Dang Robin, that one was rough, but it hurt so good! Happy Monday!

• Pam 5 years ago

Can’t find the video, day 6

Try copying and pasting the link in your browser if it’s not showing up. Also see the link in the above comments. ๐Ÿ™‚

Way to go April!

Way to go April! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Linda 5 years ago

Can’t click on the address!

9. Theresa 5 years ago

Robin, I’m grateful that I came across The Balanced Life a few months ago. I had been trying to do some Pilates, but found that I work best when led by the right teacher. You are just who I was looking for. Thank you for sharing what you clearly love with the rest of us.

Thank you Theresa! I appreciate you taking the time to share that. xo

10. Colleen blackall 5 years ago

I can’t seem to access this

Hi Colleen! It’s so strange. It seems some people can see it and others can’t. Try copying and pasting the link in the comments above into your browser. If that doesn’t work let me know!

11. Carolyn 5 years ago

The video is missing.

Try copying and pasting the link into your browser…if that doesn’t work, let me know!

12. Carolyn 5 years ago

I found the link. Happy Monday morning~

13. Colleen blackall 5 years ago

I got it, wonderful start to Monday!
    Colleen

14. Adie 5 years ago

Your description of how Monday mornings can feel is so me! Thank you for reminding me to focus on the positive. I may have to start every week like this. The add-on weekend work out was great, too. I really enjoyed taking that time to care for myself and I can feel my core getting stronger, yay!

That would be a great idea. ๐Ÿ™‚ And I’m glad you enjoyed the upgrade workout! I love 20 minute workouts…enough to really make progress but not overwhelming to fit into the schedule. ๐Ÿ™‚ Keep up the great work Adie!

15. Mary 5 years ago

Every Monday I start off with a list of things I’m grateful for on my blog. It really helps start my week off on a good foot. Here’s this week’s list. http://bit.ly/1ldCq0E

16. Gina 5 years ago

It’s ab workouts like these that make the controlled breathing necessary! It definitely helped out with those corkscrews. I can feel myself getting stronger ๐Ÿ™‚

You are so right Gina! Glad you’re feeling stronger. It will only get better and better.

17. Becky Amick 5 years ago

Wow!

18. Katie Ray 5 years ago

yes, that exercise is much harder than it looks! Your workouts are a breath of fresh air, enjoying, thanks!

19. Sherry 5 years ago

Loved it! Thank you Robin:)

20. Heather Breeden 5 years ago

Loved it. Monday blues just moved out! Thank you, Robin!

21. Elsbeth 5 years ago

I loved this workout! My abs are not my my strongest parts, so it’s delightful to feel them just burn sometimes, especially when doing the abs right after the 20 minute one from this weekend.

I think the gratitude challenge is the one I’ve enjoyed the most so far. Filling that list made me feel so lucky and privileged. I saved it so I can read it again or add to it on a later occassion.

Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us on Tuesday!

Ooh – impressive! Back to back is not easy. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m glad you enjoyed the gratitude challenge it’s a great practice to do on a daily/weekly basis. ๐Ÿ™‚

22. Betsy 5 years ago

After last week I have come to the conclusion a 10 minute pilates workout is more than enough for me to feel the burn (and the soreness for days after). Keep ’em coming!

23. Julie 5 years ago

The copy and paste into my browser worked! Thank you for that tip AND for the FANTABULOUS workout!

Okay good! It’s so strange – all of a sudden my YouTube links aren’t embedding. I’m working with my host to get it sorted out but some people are able to view it while other aren’t. Sorry for the trouble!

24. Jenna 5 years ago

Oh my goodness great workout today, I definitely felt it and it felt oh so good ๐Ÿ™‚

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance,chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.”

-Melody Beattie

1- ย My job at Barre3, I love working somewhere that matches my personal interests and work ethics.
    2- Working with my kiddos and being able to get through to them, make a connection and make them feel good. These kids have done more for me then they will ever know and I am so grateful to be a part of their lives.
    3- My best friend Chelsea, through the thick and thin she is always there for me and I couldn’t ask for a better friend and little sister.
    4- My family.ย
    5- My yoga practice which has gotten me into a place where I can accept and be comfortable with myself. Yoga has allowed me to feel strong within my mind and body as a result of being me and not because I was forced to go through a difficult situation.
    6- Having a place to call home, loving moms who I can always count on to be here for me, plenty of food and 2 jobs that allow me to do what I love to do.
    7- Books which allows my imagination to wonder free and believe in romance and magic
    8- Music

I love this Jenna! Thank you so much for sharing. ๐Ÿ™‚

25. Becky 5 years ago

Wow! That an workout was awesome!! Defiantly one I’m gona keep coming back to in the future ๐Ÿ™‚ yesterday I did days 5 & 6 along with the 20 min upgrade workout and I could really feel the burn!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ LOVE these videos and can’t wait to do today’s workout!!! :):)

Oh good. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m impressed by your dedication! Keep it up!

26. kathleen 5 years ago

Thanks for these videos!
    I love your hair!

Thank you Kathleen! That’s so kind. It’s usually quite a mess. ๐Ÿ™‚

27. Kat 5 years ago

A day late, but that felt great!!! Kat

Nothing wrong with that! Nice job Kat. ๐Ÿ™‚

28. Yuko 5 years ago

Hi, Robin. This week has been quite challenging in terms of juggling many tasks. Thanks for posting about your encouraging words to Single Moms. I’m one of them with two girls. Haven’t been able to find a time to work out until today. I know it’s not the best way to do all three work out for this week today but I have done so. This was the best 30 minutes I spent for myself! I felt some ‘good pains’ as I worked on these videos. Love them. I’ll keep up with you.

29. Yuko 5 years ago

Ooops. I meant to post my comment for day 8. Sorry about it.

30. JamieB 5 years ago

Wow, I must have skipped this one the first time through! I am thankful I decided to start the mbm challenge over again!