Mind Body Pilates Challenge // Day 2

Hi Beauties!

Ready for day #2 of the Mind Body Pilates Challenge?

There’s one thing I NEED you to know before we go any further in this challenge: there’s no shame in modifying exercises to make these workouts work for you.

It’s common to think that modifying means that you’re doing less or that you’re not going to see results. But that is not true.

Modifying is not cheating.

Modifying is a smart and effective way to help you build strength and work toward your goals. Here at The Balanced Life we choose grace over guilt and embrace where weโ€™re at on our individual journeys.

We all have to start somewhere and the biggest mistake you can make is to give up just because you can’t do something perfectly on day 1.

Promise me that you’ll continue showing up, even when it’s hard. After all, if it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.

Are you with me? Okay, then letโ€™s dive in. ๐Ÿ™‚

Today’s 15-minute Pilates routine is designed to strengthen your abs and sculpt your arms. You’ll end the workout feeling longer, stronger, and ready to take on the day!

Commit to finding 15 minutes to get this done today. I know you can do it!

Be sure to watch till the end to get today’s mindfulness assignment – it’s a good one!

PS – This Workout is now available exclusively to members of The Balanced Life Sisterhood! CLICK HERE to learn more!

Some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, The Balanced Life receives commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Full disclosure.

What I’m wearing:

Lole Sierra Leggings // Lole Rhea Tank

By signing up, you'll be added to The Balanced Life's email list and will receive regular emails that include inspiration, tips, and special offers to help you build a healthy + balanced lifestyle. We take care of your data in accordance with our privacy policy and you are free to unsubscribe at any time.

1. Sarah 2 months ago

Loving this challenge! Great pushing myself to fit in just 15minutes of exercise each day and with such a great instructor! Thank you

2. Kerry 2 months ago

Iโ€™m trying my best . Itโ€™s a little advanced for me and a sit up is something I have never been able to do. I will keep going.

• Joyce 2 months ago

I hear you sister.
      I thought this was a beginners program.
      Way too advance for me. Roll ups ha
      Side plank … is this a joke ……

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Many of these moves take practice but if you trust the process, you WILL see progress in your strength by the end of the 10 days Joyce. Keep going- we are cheering for you! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

We are cheering you on Kerry! Keep going and modify or skip any moves you need to!

• Brenda 2 months ago

Great workout today. Feeling better so gave a little extra push. Roll ups and side planks are going to need some extra help but I know with time I will be doing the just like you.
      Thanks for the great work out. See you tomorrow.

3. Deborah 2 months ago

Just finished day 2. Wow those roll ups so hard I’ve never heard my back crack so much. Still loving this.

4. Sarah 2 months ago

I really struggled with the rollup, the tricep dip and side plank today. It is such a shame that you don’t start with demonstrating the lower version, as to break off to look at other videos spoils the principle of 15 mins excercise. Italso makes me feel that i am well behind.

• Lorraine 2 months ago

I agree with you Sarah about demonstrating very quickly the easier versions of some of the exercises. Itโ€™s as if she assumes that everyone is at her level. Still good though

• Trish 2 months ago

I agree, Sarah. I am not able to do the Rollupโ€™s or the tricep dips either. My hands do not go flat in that position! Would love a quick demo of modifications, especially on the more difficult moves. I am personally struggling with getting into an exercise routine, and having to stop in the middle because I cannot do it is discouraging.

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Many of these moves take practice but if you trust the process, you WILL see progress in your strength by the end of the Challenge, Trish. We want to encourage you to keep going as some movement is better than no movement. Modify or skip any moves that won’t work for you. We’re cheering you on!

• Deborah 2 months ago

Kerry and Joyce, I agree that this is not beginner friendly. With roll ups, try placing your hands under your tush and using your abdominals roll up through your forearms. Try to use your abs as much as possible with the exhale and let your arms assist. Keep practicing, it will get better. Pilates is worth investing in some privateโ€™s to learn the method. Donโ€™t quit if you donโ€™t feel successful here, try a different place.

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

You are not behind, Sarah! Many of these moves take practice but if you trust the process, you WILL see progress in your strength by the end of the 10 days. Keep going- we are cheering for you! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Liz 2 months ago

I didn’t get Day 1 email ๐Ÿค”

6. Tracy Ali 2 months ago

Sadly I missed yesterday. Couldn’t believe how quickly went by today. Realised how unfit I’ve become ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

7. Erica 2 months ago

Didnโ€™t get Day 1 email either…

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Sorry to hear this Erica- please check your spam and promotion folders and if you still canโ€™t find it, email us at [email protected] so we can help you! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Vanessa 2 months ago

I havenโ€™t received day 1 email but I just got day 2….????

• Kathy 2 months ago

I found mine in my junk email because it was new!

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Sorry to hear this Vanessa. please check your spam and promotion folders and if you still canโ€™t find it, email us at [email protected] so we can help you! ๐Ÿ™‚

9. JP 2 months ago

Iโ€™m not receiving my emails-not day 1 or day 2 ๐Ÿ˜ข

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Sorry to hear this JP. Please check your spam and promotion folders and if you still canโ€™t find it, email us at [email protected] so we can help you! ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Kris 2 months ago

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ feels great . I’m going to set my reminders now ,thank you ๐Ÿ’œ

11. Carole 2 months ago

Day 2 completed and feeling great…loving these 15min sessions!!

• Dawn 2 months ago

Another brilliant day, thank you, found the tricep dips a challenge but with work and time hopefully will get them ๐Ÿ˜ thanks again Robin brilliant as usual x

12. Liz 2 months ago

However got day 2. I really enjoyed this. Gave me confidence in myself. Had a major stroke 9yrs ago (at 49yrs) and have weaknesses, been working on my body and health since then. But doing this showed me just how capable my body is! Even coped with sideways plank. I’m looking forward to the rest of the challenges. Thank you so much for doing this.

13. Monie 2 months ago

A bit harder today. Specially the roll up! Sort of manage a very ungraceful one at the end, lol!
    Amazing how quick those 15 mins pass.
    Can’t wait for tomorrow

14. Sara Borger 2 months ago

I didnโ€™t get Day 1!

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Sorry to hear this Sara. please check your spam and promotion folders and if you still canโ€™t find it, email us at [email protected] so we can help you! ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Shirley Dexter 2 months ago

I don`t feel able to continue as I have osteoporosis so am unable to do any back rolls or bends which cut out many of the moves.

16. Christine Dunham 2 months ago

Wow am really out of shape…..day 2 done!! In a fashion ๐Ÿ˜€

17. Tina 2 months ago

Loving this! Modifying where I need to but still feeling the workout.

18. Cheryl Westrick 2 months ago

Great workout! I agree, they do go by quick. Great way to start the dsy!

19. Maureen Bozier 2 months ago

I didn’t receive Day 1 video

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Sorry to hear this Maureen. Please check your spam and promotion folders and if you still canโ€™t find it, email us at [email protected] so we can help you! ๐Ÿ™‚

20. Deena 2 months ago

Thank you for this workout. What a way to start the day

21. Rachel 2 months ago

Managed of sorts, my arms definitely need work

22. Donna 2 months ago

This one was harder, but I tried and made progress by the last few reps.

23. Mary Ann 2 months ago

Today was very challenging for me. I could not do the roll ups and the side planks hurt my shoulders. Not giving up. Thank you!

24. Michelle 2 months ago

Day 2 completed it was great ..

• Helenor 2 months ago

2 done enjoying every minute of the fifteen .Thank you xx

25. Mary 2 months ago

The roll ups are going to take some work. Day 2 done. Thank you!

26. Lena O'Reilly 2 months ago

Day 3 completed
    Great challenge thank you wow!

27. Sharon 2 months ago

Enjoyed today’s workout,found it a bit more challenging,got there

28. Denise Morin 2 months ago

Just finished day 2, those rollups are a killer for me…. but I will get it!!! Thanks for the nice workout!!!

29. Shirley Greaves 2 months ago

REally enjoyed this again today. I did fine one part hard but didn’t do any many reps so it was ok.

30. Michelle 2 months ago

I missed Day 1 due to no power because of hurricane Dorian, but I just did yesterday and today’s videos and I feel great! What a great way to start the day, and still have the whole day ahead of you…thanks so much!

31. Vicki 2 months ago

Great workout especially the added bird fly over:)

32. Diane 2 months ago

Day2 done. Have a great day everyone!

33. Kirsty 2 months ago

Just did work out number 2? OMG I loved it. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜˜

34. Judy 2 months ago

Great workout number 2!! I had a bit of trouble with the roll ups. Loving the 15 minute workouts. Stronger everyday!! Thank you๐Ÿ˜Š

35. Cathy 2 months ago

Had to modify a bit and push myself a bit harder today, but finished day 2

36. Gladys Flores 2 months ago

Day 2 – difficult for me today, but I didn’t give up! Did what I could and took a few breathers in between. I am so out of shape!

37. Janet Foote 2 months ago

Day #2 down, glad to have the breathing reminder.

38. Rachelle 2 months ago

Did Day 2 yay! I had to modified some due to some pre- existing injuries. Great workout today, thank you!

39. Lilly Petru 2 months ago

Day 2-the rolls ups were really challenge , I will work on those to get them right without bending the knees. Great teacher!

40. Marcie 2 months ago

Day 2 done! I DID IT!!! but modified version. Didn’t realize how sucky and old I was until I modified and did it! And so happy I did not give up. Thanks for making this workout enjoyable with kindness and not pushy. I CAN DO THIS and look forward to it.

41. Carol 2 months ago

I did not get da6 one either.

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Sorry to hear this Carol. Please check your spam and promotion folders and if you still canโ€™t find it, email us at [email protected] so we can help you! ๐Ÿ™‚

42. Isabel 2 months ago

Day 2 done. I’m enjoying this very much. I know I’ve used muscles that haven’t been activated in a long time as they were a bit tender this morning. But that a good thing!! Looking forward to tomorrows challenge!

43. Connie 2 months ago

Very hard for me today, tried but could not do the roll ups or planks…trying not to be disappointed and give up. Will try again later today!

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Don’t give up Connie! We are cheering you on and believe you can do this!! Modify or skip workouts as needed. Trust the process and you will see improved strength!

44. Shelly 2 months ago

A good amount to get me back on track. And if I can’t get outside for a walk later in the day, I guess I could do a repeat of the day’s workout.

45. Kerstin 2 months ago

I suck at push ups! Today was a wake up for how out of shape I’m in. But pressing on!

46. Sharon Wall 2 months ago

Brilliant workout 2 thank you

47. Heather MacKenzie 2 months ago

Very difficult but try to do two of each. Sit up impossible but side plank is doable 2 on each side.

48. Leea 2 months ago

Found this difficult but i will carry on as i noticed i was not the only one

49. Naomi Habedank 2 months ago

This one is super hard! It’s not a beginner workout like some of the others. Hoping it will just get me back into a good routine even if I can’t really do all the exercises like I’m supposed to. I think I’ll start one of the easier routines on YouTube when this one is finished.

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Great job getting it done Naomi! We encourage people to modify or skip moves as needed, so don’t be discouraged by not doing all of them. We are cheering you on!

50. Stella 2 months ago

The roll ups are difficult and challenging. Robin does a great job explaining the steps and demonstrating the moves. It’s nice that she acknowledges there are beginners and those somewhere in the middle. I’m enjoying these short sessions very much.

51. Nadira 2 months ago

Wow! I am so happy eventhough I need much much practice. Thank you team๐Ÿ˜Š

52. Mary 2 months ago

First lesson was for beginners, this one was not.

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Hope you will stick with it Mary as your ability and strength increases as you continue with the challenge. Feel welcome to modify or skip any exercises that are not working for you!

53. Chris1731 2 months ago

Wondering if there is an easier modification for the side plank? Can we lay on our side and lift through the middle? Also an easier modification for the pushup?

• Elisha 2 months ago

Hi Chris, I struggle with push ups too. Try doing them against a wall or a counter – just as beneficial, and will help build arm and core strength so you can do them on the floor in the future. : )

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Hi Chris! The modifications offered in the video are the best for side planks. But you can feel free to skip it if you can’t do it at this time. Someone offered doing pushups against a wall or stairs and that will work! ๐Ÿ™‚ We are cheering you on!

54. Nilaja Whitaker 2 months ago

Thanks ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ Robin!! Day 2 was just what I needed. I did 30 of cardio first, so I needed the concentrated arms๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ!! Feeling strong!!

55. Elisha 2 months ago

Loved the Day 2 workout. Found the planking a challenge (I was wobbly!) but since I am new to this, figuring it is all about building core strength, so not discouraged. Bicep dips were a no go fo me so I modified: after the workout, I did 15 against my bathroom countertop (more stable than the bed as suggested and are just a backwards pushup). Definitely felt them!

Great job Elisha!! You are building strength and it increases as you go! ๐Ÿ™‚

56. Ro 2 months ago

Far too advanced for a beginner. Was willing to try but this second session is way beyond me.

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Do what you can, Ro! Feel welcome to modify or skip any exercises that won’t work for you! Hope you continue to keep going with us! ๐Ÿ™‚

57. Lorraine 2 months ago

Found this tough having not exercised for about 3 years! Full roll up impossible at the moment. will keep trying.

58. Linda 2 months ago

Really enjoying this workout. Yes it’s a bit difficult but I do as much as I can. I have scoliosis and already my back feels stronger. My back is weaker on my right side so I try and push myself harder on that side

59. suzanne 2 months ago

glad you things could be modified am way behind you but am modifying it is still challenging but am learning

60. Lynne 2 months ago

Ladies who are finding this hard. I too struggled with the side plank and I canโ€™t sit up from lying flat on my back without using my hands. But thatโ€™s the point. Itโ€™s a journey from strength to strength. No one said it was going to be easy. Itโ€™s a massive challenge. You just do what you can and keep at it. Youโ€™ve got these emails for life so stick with day 1 for 3 days or a week and then move onto day 2 etc or whatever suits you. Go at your own pace. The thing is at least youโ€™re doing some exercise for 15 minutes a day which is better than nothing at all. YOU WILL GET THERE. I am determined to do this even if it takes me 6 months !!!

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Love this amazing attitude Lynne! This is what The Balanced Life and Sisterhood area all about- progress over perfection! Way to go! Just a reminder that while the videos are always available to members of the Sisterhood, the the public will only have access through the end of the Challenge.

• Karen 2 months ago

Well said Lynne

61. Debra Ingle 2 months ago

I missed first day so i did day 1 and day 2 today although day 2 kicked my rear, couldn’t even sit from lying down position so i got up and moved during that and picked up again doing the planks as best i could, and only got 2 push-ups. But I’m moving right? I’m still gonna give it my all! I do have a question, did I miss the buddy thing?

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Yes Debra! Do the best you can and you will see results with consistency! Consistent movement is the goal! ๐Ÿ™‚ We encourage everyone to join the Challenge with a buddy for accountability, but it’s not required. Keep up the great work!

62. Linda Phillips 2 months ago

I struggled with tonights challenge due to my recent back injury. But I’m sticking with it & looking forward to day 3. Thank you.

63. Tess Kirk 2 months ago

Day 2 completed ! We can do this gals!! Thank you Robin and your team! We are blessed to be a part of the long hours y’all put in for us.

64. Sue 2 months ago

Day 2 completed hard on the joints but modified to my ability hoping I will become more supple as I go along well done ladies day 3 approaching

65. Chloe 2 months ago

Squeezed this in at 9:30 this eve, not what I would usually do but Iโ€™m really pleased Iโ€™ve managed!

66. Karen 2 months ago

I am weak but I am going to continue to get strong!

67. Donna 2 months ago

Whew. Day 2 was challenging. I cannot do everything from today but i will keep going.

68. Yaya 2 months ago

๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ

69. Jean Marshall 2 months ago

Side plank – not a chance! But I’m trying to do it and my muscles know that!

70. Joye 2 months ago

I was unable to do the roll up…. not a chance…. yet…, but did a few crunches during that time. I just have to keep going! Itโ€™s been so long since Iโ€™ve done ANYTHING, so I know itโ€™s not going to be overnight!

71. Deborah 2 months ago

I did it, slightly modified but did it!๐Ÿ˜‰

72. Janette 2 months ago

I really struggled with today. I kept going but cried most of the way through it. Made me realise how unfit I feel. Not going to give up though.

73. Maribel 2 months ago

I had to really take my time, so I paused the video to make sure I was doing the moves correctly. I finished it and felt awesome. Thank you.

74. Patty valitchka 2 months ago

Day 2 was harder, but I did it! Sweating a little and I feel great. Thanks for another great session!

75. Marilyn 2 months ago

Totally awesome challenge. Working on my posture. Enjoyable and fun.

76. Tina 2 months ago

๐Ÿ˜Š

77. Angie 2 months ago

Done!! Had to modify but I still completed it. And this was despite having some interruptions as well!

78. Jolene 2 months ago

Loved today! I especially love how fast the time goes! Looking forward to Day3๐Ÿ˜Š

79. Jan 2 months ago

That was great! Thank you, felt it more today!

80. Faye Harwood 2 months ago

Feeling kinda discourage d today went shopping feel horrible what happened to my body . Did the challenge today and feeling more discouraged. As I couldnt do what I thought I could . But I want to feel better how do u get encouragement or keep motivated. I did the challenges but..

81. Deidra Connell 2 months ago

I am so โ€œout of shape,โ€ but Iโ€™m hanging in there. I used to do a Pilates class about 10 years ago. Iโ€™ve gone through menopause and put on weight! Iโ€™m determined to hang in there and keep it a part of my daily life! I felt much better when I worked out. Baby steps! Weight didnโ€™t come on overnight and itโ€™s not going to disappear overnight! Thank you for this opportunity and for the encouragement to keep it up! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Raine 2 months ago

HI Deidra. Your story sounds exactly like mine and resonated with me. You just inspired me to hang in there. Good luck!

• Becky Nobach 2 months ago

You got this, Deidra! We are right in this with you!

82. Karen 2 months ago

Never received Day 1 but got this just fine! Learned how to do roll ups in Pilates class years ago and my abs havenโ€™t forgotten how:-) good abs class

83. Angela 2 months ago

I just finished day 2, but I don’t know how to do a hashtag post.

84. Raine 2 months ago

So glad to hear I am nothing only one struggling a little with some of these moves – especially the roll ups and tricep dips. Just highlights how much I need it!! I am modifying and slowing things down to focus on control and trying hard not to judge my lack of ability. Being kind to myself is.almost as hard as a tricep dip with my dodgy shoulders! ๐Ÿ˜Š. At the end of of the day I remind myself that even my modifications beat sitting on the couch and doing nothing. Thanks for making the program available.

85. Denise 2 months ago

Definitely need more work on my abdominal and arm strength! Would like to see beginner modifications along with advanced modifications throughout the workouts. See you tomorrow!

86. Cindy 2 months ago

Caught up! Very enjoyable! Thankyou!

87. L 2 months ago

Day 2 harder, but done.

88. Julia 2 months ago

Loved loved loved today’s workout, already feeling taller and slightly more functioning abs ๐Ÿ˜€ also did the standing roll downs at the end to get the blood flowing to my brain ๐Ÿ˜„ Thanks Robin for your great tuition x

89. Connie Gerrior 2 months ago

So glad to hear that I’m not the only one who struggled with the roll ups! 2 bad shoulders give me grief with some movements, but am determined to continue. Love the outdoor setting and positive coaching. How did I get so out of shape? Will set my reminders now. Thanks for the motivation. Looking forward to what today’s email contains๐Ÿค—

90. Connie 2 months ago

91. Kathy in the UK 2 months ago

Playing catch up today, just completed Day 2 challenge and am taking a break before cracking on with Day 3. As mentioned on Day 1, I am recovering from eye surgery so adjustments HAVE to be made and I am way off the mark from being anything like our dear mentor Robin, however, that’s what challenges are for…. To test you and push you. If you all could have seen my efforts you would have laughed your socks off but I am trying and I will continue. I feel quite euphoric about my small wins!
    My old school moto springs to mind
    “Aspiration, Empowerment, Exellence”……
    The excellence will come later ๐Ÿ˜œ

• Becky Nobach 2 months ago

Love your attitude towards this challenge, Kathy! We are cheering you on. ๐Ÿ™‚

92. Amy W 2 months ago

What a wonderful way to start my day!!

93. Kate 2 months ago

Day 2 done –

Today was very challenging for me. I could not do the roll ups or side planks . Will Leo trying. Thank you

94. Christine Dunham 2 months ago

Day 3 done, late, as long day at work today, nearly didn’t do it but so glad I did, 15 minutes went too quick. My legs so needed that, thank you

95. Chris 2 months ago

I recently had hip replacement and dr said no yoga yet!
    Can I save these emails and do the workouts when I get the ok from the dr?
    Thanks!

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Hi Chris! The challenge workouts are available through the duration of the challenge. After that they will go back to The Sisterhood, our online Pilates membership program. ๐Ÿ™‚ Take care of yourself as you heal!

96. Debra 2 months ago

Oh my gosh! I am feeling it but it feels good. I thought I was in ok shape until I started this. I’m feeling muscles that must have been hiding. Lol.

97. Susan Ferreira 2 months ago

I just got caught up with day 2 today. I am 60 and have good leg strength and do cardio walk\running frequently but my core, my and are horrible. I am not very flexible either. So I am giving this a try didn’t do to bad day 1 but day 2! Oh my poor abs! How do you sit up from lying on your back? I have never been able to do that. I worked with a trainer for a short time about 8 years ago who would get very upset with me that I couldn’t do sit ups. Needless to say I didn’t continue. I am doing my best and hope this improves my flexibility and my core I almost wanted to cry tonight but I kept going. Thank you for being so encouraging in the videos!

• Elisabeth Callahan 2 months ago

Oh Susan, I am so sorry you had this experience! Here at The Balanced Life we believe in progress over perfection. Just do your best and always feel welcome to modify or skip any exercises that aren’t working for you. Doing this challenge will definitely help you improve your core strength and flexibility. Consistency is key, just doing what you can. We are so glad you are joining us and are cheering you on! ๐Ÿ™‚

98. Melissa 2 months ago

I slacked a few days and just did day 2. Man it feels great! Where you birds I had a dog come sit between my legs haha!