It’s a holiday week for many of us. The weather is warm, the days are long, and there are plenty of opportunities to gather with friends for good food and good company.
If your typical 4th of July faire is greasy, heavy, and void of nutritional value, I encourage you to try adding a few healthy recipes into the mix this year!
- For a delicious appetizer, I love this Grilled Chipotle Peach Salsa recipe from A Spicy Perspective.
- For a tasty side you can take to any BBQ or picnic, this Farmers Market Salad from The Kitchn looks amazing. I love all the fresh ingredients!
- If you’re in charge of the main course, these Grilled Fajita Chicken Kabobs from Evolving Table look like a crowd pleaser. Plus, you get to sneak in some extra veggies…win-win!
And we can’t forget the dessert! I love both of the below recipes, they are each a fun spin on classic summer treats!
- These Naturally Red White & Blue Popsicles from Real Food Whole Life are so festive + the kiddos will love them.
- And who doesn’t love s’mores? This Healthy S’mores Dip from Eating Bird Food looks so good!