Friday Happy Hour: Let’s Talk Tea

best workout gear

It’s Friday and it’s time for another little happy hour chat here on the blog!

Pour yourself a “cocktail” (or maybe a spot of tea) and join the discussion. I want to extend a special welcome to all of the new Balanced Life readers who came over from my guest post on Carrots ‘N’ Cake. Welcome! I’m honored to have you join The Balanced Life community. I hope you will make yourself at home and join right in 🙂

Okay, on to today’s happy hour chat…

tea for sore throat

Today, I need your help. As a full time instructor, I train clients Monday – Friday for 6+ hours a day. Lately, my poor little vocal chords have been over-worked from too much talking/teaching/shouting (in a nice way of course) and hot tea has become my best friend. But, I’m not a big tea drinker so I’m curious…

What’s your favorite brand/flavor of tea?

By signing up, you'll be added to The Balanced Life's email list and will receive regular emails that include inspiration, tips, and special offers to help you build a healthy + balanced lifestyle. We take care of your data in accordance with our privacy policy and you are free to unsubscribe at any time.

1. jordyn 8 years ago

I LOVE celestial seasonings sleepytime tea. probably not the best for when you have to teach, haha, but might be good for the end of the day. it’s by far my favorite. other than that i drink green tea just to keep it healthy 🙂

2. Blaire 8 years ago

I don’t really have any favorite teas so I’m excite to see what people post so I can try some new ones out! TGIF!

3. lisa 8 years ago

Love Zhena Gypsy Teas. She’s actually based out of Ventura County, my hometown. TGIF 🙂 I’ve just started instructing spin classes & it’s not necessarily my vocal chords that get worn out, but my body is exhausted. It’s a tough industry!

Ooh, I’ll have to try that tea! Thanks for the rec 🙂 Spinning would exhaust my body too! We have to work hard to keep our energy up in these kinds of jobs don’t we? I have to be super strict about my sleeping and eating schedule just to keep functioning. Thanks for sharing – can’t wait to try her tea…

4. Liz 8 years ago

Peppermit tea! It’s not caffeinated so you can drink it any time of the day, and I feel like it helps clear up my sinuses. I drink it religiously.

Ooh, Liz I think that would be a good option for me. I’m such a tea newbie! Thanks for the rec. Peppermint is good for digestion too!

5. Sarah 8 years ago

I like flavored white tea- London Tea do a lovely White Tea with Elderflower and Apricot, its lovely but probably just available over here but would definitely recommend something similar!

6. Meghan 8 years ago

Tetley Vanilla Rooibos tea. It’s naturally sweet, and decaffeinated… perfect for the evening!

7. Melodie 8 years ago
  8. Adrienne 7 years ago

I may be late to this discussion but I love tea! My favorites are Twinings Irish Breakfast, Bigelow Pomegranite Pizzaz, Bigelow Blueberry Acai, and several of the Teeccino flavors. I love the fruity teas the best!

9. […] For many people, space and atmosphere play a large role in well-being. If your home or office is cluttered and disorganized, it will be significantly harder to clear your mind. Take a weekend to re-arrange, re-organize and clean out the space where you spend the most time. When you come home at the end of a long day, create an atmosphere of relaxation. Rather than turning on the TV and getting lost in information-overload through Twitter & Facebook, light a candle, turn on your favorite music and brew a mug of chamomile tea (here’s my favorite) […]

10. Sandy 7 years ago

My favorite two teas are both TAZO brand – the first is wild sweet orange – I LOVE this tea. The second is Passion tea – both are decaf and so soothing and relaxing. They would both be great for your vocal chords.