The health and wellness industry has perpetuated a narrow and scale-driven perspective of fitness for years. The way we’ve been taught to measure our happiness and success is by the size of our jeans or a number on a scale. This shouldn’t define our success and there is so much more to our health and wellness than a number.
In this episode, Robin shares her fitness journey and how it inspired her to create a new approach to fitness. She discusses what drives her to create a more accepting and gracious atmosphere to help women embrace their bodies as they are. Join Robin in this episode to hear more about The Balanced Life’s mission to help women feel healthier, happier, and more confident.
Show highlights: what you can look forward to in this episode!
- How Robin began teaching and entered the health and wellness space
- Why Robin wanted to change the focus from physical to mental results
- Looking past physical appearance goals in the fitness space
- Why Robin wanted to create a new approach to how we view fitness
- How to live from a place of freedom
- The impact of before and after photos and why The Balanced Life doesn’t use them
- Setting a positive example for others around us and changing the wellness culture
Links in this episode:
- The Balanced Life
- The Balanced Life Sisterhood
- The Balanced Life on Instagram
- Sign up for the FREE 5-Day Pilates Strong challenge!
- Episode 45: Seeing Progress Beyond the Scale
Share this podcast episode!