This week’s extra special and inspiring guest is Laura Whitaker. Laura Whitaker has been the executive director of Extra Special People since the age of 19, and has since taken on new roles as a mother and wife.
In this wisdom packed episode, Laura shares how her career has evolved and the many tidbits of knowledge she’s acquired throughout her journey. You won’t want to miss this conversation with your host, Robin Long, about developing emotional intelligence, living for small moments of love, along with tricks to make mornings with kids easier.
Show highlights: what you can look forward to in this episode!
- What Laura’s career and current season of life look like
- Mental practices to master putting on different hats
- How to create a life that is unique and whole to you
Changing seasons while building a career
- How Laura got involved with ESP and how it’s evolved
- Different seasons Laura has experienced throughout her career and redefining what her job means over the years
- How Laura utilizes her gifts of encouragement and marketing to motivate others
Respecting your capacity + creating systems that work for you
- Being understanding of others capacities
- How Laura balances friendships
- Laura’s current self-care regimen and what she does to prioritize her health
- The benefits of establishing a morning routine and meal prepping for the week
Balance + Encouragement
- Things Laura doesn’t do in her daily life and the guilt of missing important moments
- Having a mentorship mentality and surrounding yourself with uplifting people
- Dealing with burnout and shifting your mindset to positively impact others
Links in this episode:
Stay in touch with Laura!
Share this podcast episode!