Choco-Banana Smoothie Bowl

Some days you just need a little something sweet. Especially when you’re 7 months pregnant. 🙂

I whipped up this Choco-Banana Smoothie Bowl the other day and HAD to share it with you. Be careful, you’ll want to eat one every day.

choco banana bowl

Choco-Banana Smoothie Bowl

(serves 1)

Ingredients:

– 1 frozen banana

– 1 tablespoon cocoa powder or raw cacao

– 1 tablespoon nut butter (peanut butter is yummiest, almond butter is healthier)

– 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk/coconut milk

– sprinkle of cinnamon

– 1 teaspoon chia seeds

Toppings: raw cocoa nibs, sliced banana & a sprinkle of granola

Directions:

Blend all ingredients in a blender, pour into a bowl, sprinkle with toppings and enjoy with a spoon!

PS – you may also like healthy popsicle recipes and this tropical smoothie.

1. Julie 5 years ago

How do you freeze the banana so the peel doesn’t stick to it?

Great question! Peel the bananas, break them in half, then freeze them in a freezer bag for future use. 🙂

2. Adriana 5 years ago

It sounds delicious! Do you think I can substitute the banana for frozen berries? Thanks for sharing!

I think you could! Banana makes it a little creamy but berries would probably taste great. I say give it a try! 🙂

3. Monica 5 years ago

This is a great recipe. I love it and my kids love it too. Such a special treat!

4. Candy Deister 2 years ago

You don’t have to wait for bananas to over ripen before freezing. They are tasty when frozen at any time. I bought a bunch (pun intended) recently at $0.29 a pound and froze two big bags full!