Wow, what a crazy few months it’s been. I’ve been so busy creating and running programs that I haven’t had much time to share a personal update here on the blog.
So that’s the plan for today. 🙂
First off, I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who participated in 21 Days of Pilates and made it the incredible, big, and exciting event that it was. I was blown away by how many people joined and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!
And I want to extend a special welcome to all the new members of The Balanced Life Sisterhood. It’s been such a gift to continue this Pilates & balanced living journey with you.
March is ALWAYS a crazy month for me and my team. We start planning for it in January and spend a lot of hours working during the challenge to keep it running smoothly. We’re all getting back to our healthy place of work/life balance this month and it feels good.
This month I’m focusing on managing my time in very intentional ways and making sure that when I’m at work, I’m at work (even if I’m working from my bedroom) and when I’m with my kids, I’m with my kids.
I’ve also scheduled self-care into this month’s calendar to make sure that I enjoy down time before diving head first into the next project. Most notably: 2 massages and a family vacation. 🙂
One of the things that I’ve learned about finding a healthy work/life balance is that it’s important to embrace the idea of seasons. March is ALWAYS a crazy month for me. I need more childcare, I work every night on the couch after the kids go to bed, I’m on social media every day, multiple times per day, etc.
But I know it’s temporary, my husband knows it’s temporary…and we know that it’s a season. Keeping that in mind really helps to avoid overwhelm.
Because let’s be honest, there is no way I could keep up that kind of pace year round (nor would I want to). But I can for a month – and I wouldn’t change it for the world because I LOVE hosting free challenges and I love the way they introduce The Balanced Life to women who need this kind of thing in their life! It’s truly an honor.
Now that the challenge has ended and we’ve temporarily closed enrollment for The Sisterhood, I’m entering a new season.
One that has a little more margin, a lot less urgency, and a little more sleep.
One that I’m intentionally protecting because a busy season will come again soon… (stay tuned and save the date for May/June!)
And just for fun, here are a few more random things you may want to know:
- I plan on doing more videos and vlogs here on the blog this year, so stay tuned!
- My summer Pilates + nutrition program will be back due to popular demand so pencil it in for May/ June.
- I’ve decided that Twitter isn’t my favorite. So I’m taking a break. But you can still find me on Instagram and Facebook. (Instagram’s my favorite by far).
- My little guy’s eczema has gotten worse so we are changing up his diet and embarking on a bit of a “gut healing” journey. I plan to share more about what we’re doing soon.
- For the first time 4.5 years I’m not pregnant or breastfeeding and it feels amazing. I loved breastfeeding, but man, it’s a lot of work. I feel one part free and one part sentimental.
- I’ve FINALLY started meditating again. And it’s revealed just how badly I need it my life. My brain has too many tabs open. Meditation is helping. 🙂
If you’re still reading…bless you!
I’m so grateful for you guys and can’t wait to share more of what’s ahead with you soon!