Back to the Mat: Day #3

Our Back to the Mat workouts are all available in our membership site: The Balanced Life Sisterhood.

CLICK HERE to learn more!

Welcome to Day #3 of the Back to the Mat challenge!

Ever feel like your lower body just needs a lift? Me too.

Today I’m giving you a lower body Pilates workout designed to tone, strengthen, and lift. In just 15 minutes you’ll work your hips, booty, thighs, and calves. And as always, your abs will get a great workout too.

Enjoy your workout!

PS – Public enrollment for The Balanced Life Sisterhood will officially close on Thursday, September 21st, 2017 and will remain closed to the public until early 2018.

Join now to get in with the Fall 2017 class. You’ll be surrounded by an entire tribe of women who are starting out just like you!

1. Andrea 1 month ago

Woohoo! I know I’ll feel this in my booty tomorrow!

2. Kelli 1 month ago

Loved it! Thanks, Robin! Just the right amount of burn to feel great starting the day!

3. Cindi 1 month ago

The booty burn, yea!

4. Valerie 1 month ago

Another great workout – thank you!

5. Vicki 1 month ago

Day 3 down what a great work out

6. Yvonne Kaminski 1 month ago

Great lower body workout! I can feel the burn! Thanks!

7. Nancy 1 month ago

Good workout hampered slightly by minor leg cramping in beginning.

• Sarah Stoll 1 month ago

So glad you joined us, Nancy! Be sure to stay super hydrated – hopefully it helps with the cramping!

8. Tracy 1 month ago

thank you. Any tips on the bridge pose exercises? Every time I do anything in a bridge, I get extreme back pain. Thanks.

• Sarah Stoll 1 month ago

So sorry to hear about your pain, Tracy! We definitely recommend speaking with your doctor about proper modifications – as Pilates should never cause pain!

9. Barb 1 month ago

I have no problem doing the exercises other than some cramping in my feet and the back of thighs, but for the past 2 days I have been in so much pain starting around 4 p.m. (doing this around 11 a.m.) Last night I had to use salon pas and aleve to be able to sleep. Pain in hip and down outside of leg…mostly on one side but some on both. I could hardly lay on my side. About half of the exercises I do around twice a week although yours are more intense and longer duration. Hoping to keep up as I do feel amazing after but the pain at night is not acceptable if it is going to be long term. Maybe it’s my age??? 66 LOL

10. RJ 1 month ago

When I turned 50 I started having awful hip pain. After my Dr confirmed by x-ray that it wasn’t arthritis, etc., then he recommended physical therapy. At physical therapy she taught me that all your booty muscles support your hips and when those muscles get weaker as you age it can make the hip joints painful from lack of support. Thus I started doing booty exercises regularly and oh my, what a relief!!!! I had been doing exercises and was active but apparently I still needed extra concentration of exercises on my booty. I’m thankful I learned a simple and free remedy to maintain hip health and eliminate hip pain.
    Thanks Robin, for your contribution to stronger bodies. You have a gifted presentation.

• Barb 1 month ago

Thank you RJ. Very helpful. I also had mri, nerve test and PT 18 mos. ago. I can’t say that the PT helped any but the pain eventually subsided. Now it is back. I will keep trying. Feeling ok tonight, but wearing a salon pas patch 😉

11. Clare Grylls 1 month ago

Day 3, check. Hardest so far for me but feeling accomplished and looking forward to more.

12. Linda 1 month ago

3 down !! woohoo

13. Theresa Marks 1 month ago

Couldn’t finish every one but I Tried!

14. connieschweyer 1 month ago

Wow. My thighs yeah

15. Allison 1 month ago

thank you so much for all the wonderful videos so far. As a runner, it is hard to find strengthening exercise routines that I like and that are do=-able. This was wonderful, strengthening and challenging while being relaxing at the same time. Cudos!

16. Grace 1 month ago

This series is making me want to join the sisterhood! Wondering when enrollment will open up… 🙂

• Sarah Stoll 1 month ago

Stay tuned, Grace – SOON! 🙂 We would be so excited to welcome you!

17. Jackie Clark 1 month ago

Hi Robin,

I was wondering if you could give me another variation of the on the floor exercises where you have to lay on one side and than the other. I have A LOT of pain in my upper outer thighs when I lay on either side. Do you have any suggestions for a modification on any of the exercises that require you to be in this position?

Jackie

• Sarah Stoll 1 month ago

Hi Jackie! We are sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing! We definitely we recommend you speak with your doctor about the best modifications for your situation and body. You are welcome to modify however you need – as Pilates should never cause you pain.

18. Paula 1 month ago