28 Days of Pilates: Day #5 + a Blueberry-Mango Smoothie

Are you still with me after yesterday’s workout??

I know that was a hard one but don’t worry, we’re going to get stronger! That’s the point of all this right? 🙂

We’ll get there, we just have to keep moving forward one day at a time.

photo 1-4

Today we’ll give the arms a much-needed break and show the lower body some love.

Afterwards whip up this easy smoothie to replenish your energy and give your immune system a boost. It’s a favorite of mine right now.

Blueberry-Mango Smoothie

1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of your choice)

1/2 frozen banana

1/2 cup frozen blueberries

1/2 cup frozen mango

drizzle of honey

optional: protein powder/chia seeds/spinach

Health benefits:

Blueberry: whole body antioxidant support, improves cardiovascular health, improves vision, stabilizes blood sugar, improves memory.

Mango: improves digestion, clears skin, boosts immune system, anti-cancer properties, normalizes insulin levels.

blueberry smoothie

Today’s Check-In: take a photo of your smoothie or another post-workout snack and share it with your fellow Balanced Life Beauties! Don’t forget to use the hashtag #28daysofpilates.

(I’m working on a few giveaways that will be announced later this week. Every time you post you’re entered to win! And yes, I’m already counting 🙂

Enjoy your workout!

I apologize that I my feet aren’t showing in this video. While in the deep squat I am simply lifting and lowering one heel at a time 🙂

PS- Just joining us? No problem! You can catch up on the past workouts here: day 1, day 2, day 3, day 4.

Also – if you’re new here you should read what this space is all about.

disclaimer: these videos were created for individuals in good health. Robin recommends that you speak with your doctor prior to beginning a new exercise routine. By doing this video you do so at your own risk and agree to release Robin Long and The Balanced Life of any and all liability.

1. Liz S. 3 years ago

Really felt this in my quads and inner thighs – great strengthening moves!

Love that healthy smoothie recipe – gorgeous color too!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Isn’t it pretty? I’m glad you enjoyed today. Keep at it 🙂

2. Grey 3 years ago

This has become part of a great new morning routine. Normally I don’t workout in the morning before work, because it tends to actually zap my energy and make me feel bad throughout the day. But since these are short, they give me a boost of energy after getting out of bed without making me feel drained during the day. It’s wonderful!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Okay, I love that. I love that it makes you feel AWAKE and ALIVE rather than tired. Keep up the great routine!

3. Kim 3 years ago

Loved this one. My hubby makes smoothies for us every morning. I love them and they are a great way to start the day along with Pilates.

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

What a good husband! Glad you enjoyed today! Keep it up!

4. Nicola 3 years ago

This was great! I love how it’s all done standing; a lot of Pilates leg workouts are done lying on the mat, so it’s nice to mix it up a bit.

5. Cara 3 years ago

Those were good exercises. That smoothie recipe looks great. My son will love trying it. Thanks for bringing some cheer to my day. It’s cold dreary here today.

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Yes, bring a little taste of summer inside the home 🙂 And smoothies are a great way for little ones to get their nutritional needs met! Enjoy.

6. Sarah 3 years ago

Another great workout, thanks Robin 🙂

7. Stacey 3 years ago

I loved the hip opener, I did it before running today and my legs felt so loose–I really think pilates will become a regular part of my workout routine !

8. Erica 3 years ago

Really felt the burn in my quads! This was good! I find myself looking forward to completing these quick workouts everyday! Thank you!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

I love hearing that. It’s nice to set a goal that is attainable but still challenging isn’t it? Keep up the good work.

9. Shirley 3 years ago

I could definitely feel the burn in the workout today Robin!! I have truly enjoyed these short workouts with you! Totally LOVED the smoothie but had to replace frozen blueberries with frozen cherries for today because I was not going out in this yucky weather for a grocery run!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Cherries sounds good too! I can relate…it is FREEZING here. Not exactly smoothie weather but it’s still a nice little boost during the day 🙂

10. Elisha 3 years ago

I am really feeling these workouts. And I’ve already lost 1/2 an inch each in my waist and hips! Looking forward to what the rest of the month brings!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

That’s awesome Elisha! You’re doing a great job…stick with it! xo

11. Amy 3 years ago

Quad Burn! YEOWCH!! No pain, no gain. I make a blueberry smoothie every morning for me and the fam. I buy the huge bag of frozen blueberries from Costco. Great value. I’ve never tried with almond milk but now I will! Thanks Robin! xo

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Good to know Amy! I’m due for a Costco run. xo

12. Megan 3 years ago

…and done! I was tired tonight, but I’m glad I got this workout in! Keep up the challenging workouts!
    Also, I made a smoothie for dinner for my family and me (without reading your blog first), and it happened to be quite similar to your recipe!

13. Amanda 3 years ago

I hurt my back and elbow from a fall last week so i couldnt start on time, but am gonna try and do day one tomorrow morning after work. i cannot wait to try this!!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Sorry to hear that! Hope you’re feeling better. happy to have you jumping in. It’s never too late! 🙂

• Amanda 3 years ago

14. Suzanne 3 years ago

Just did days 4 and 5 together and feel awesome! I am looking forward to trying the smoothie! Thanks for the motivation!

15. […] enjoy it as much as I do. Here are a couple other smoothie recipes that I like to make as well. Blueberry Mango Smoothie Double Berry Smoothie Thanks Adriane for sharing this with us today! Thanks for stopping by. […]