28 Days of Pilates: day 25

photo-29

Strengthening your upper body can significantly affect the way you feel day in and day out.

If  you suffer from neck, shoulder, or back pain muscular imbalances may be to blame.

Pilates exercises are designed to correct these muscle imbalances and restore proper posture.

So, taking the time to strengthen the muslces of your upper back, arms and shoulders can greatly improve the way you feel throughout the day.

This workout, full of traditional and nontraditional Pilates exercises, will not only challenge you but leave you feeling great. 🙂

Enjoy!

Today’s Check-In: Today I challenge you to take one Baby Step to Balanced Living. Choose one baby step from the list below and then show me what you did on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook. Don’t forget to hashtag #28daysofpilates

Warm Lemon Water in the Morning

Dry Skin Brushing

Daily Exercises for a Healthy Spine

Foam Rolling

Fermented Foods

Can’t wait to see which one you try!

1. Liz S. 3 years ago

Pilates is what cured my chronic back pain (caused from years of poor posture, figure skating, and competitive dance). I started Pilates about 2 years ago and have never felt better (which is also why I’m so glad you’re doing this challenge, because it adds that much more amazing Pilates to my daily routine).

I also love the benefits of dry-brushing, so thank you for sharing your post link on that topic.

Great arm work and shoulder work in this video!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

I LOVE hearing that Liz. And I’m so glad you’ve been able to be free of pain. I also love that you dry brush! I really do swear by it.

Have a great day Liz!

2. Nicola 3 years ago

I just wanted to point out that I’m really loving doing short, daily workouts. I’ve been doing the whole 2-3x weekly full-body strength training thing for about a year now, and it’s only in the past month that I’ve really felt like I’ve gotten stronger. I think it’s because these workouts are so short that I don’t start to get tired and run out of steam halfway through, meaning that every exercise is as effective as it can be. I’m loving it!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Hi Nicola,
      That is SO great to hear. I agree with you 100%. Doing exercises well can cut your workout time in half. Pilates is all about efficiency which I LOVE. For so many reasons.

I’m so glad you’re feeling stronger. Keep up the great work!
      xo

3. Jinai 3 years ago

Just started working on these yesterday, but they remind me of exercises we do at barre. Love love love and look forward to doing them all!!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Oh good!! So glad to have you here Jinai! Enjoy the workouts 🙂

4. sky 3 years ago

Amazing how much stronger I am after doing this all month long! I really love that you are revisiting exercises from previous weeks because I am really seeing how much improvement I’ve made from the beginning. Thank you again!

5. Cara 3 years ago

Thanks Robin! I happened to do some foam roll stretches this morning before I read your daily challenge for today.
    You must have been sending me messages telepathically:-).

6. Kim 3 years ago

This was awesome! I am awaiting my dry brush from amazon….it’s taking forever to get here. I tried the warm lemon water this morning. I don’t know why I was so ‘scared’ to try it. I drink lemon in iced water all the time, but this is even better!!

7. jodie 1 year ago

Planning to do this again, starting tonight after work.:)