28 Days of Pilates: day 21

Happy Friday!

I’m ending this week feeling so grateful. I’m grateful for this community, I’m grateful for a job that I love and I’m grateful for you.

I know many of you have been enjoying the opportunity to do Pilates at home for free. Additionally, I have loved creating this gift and watching you all take strides to improve your health and well-being.

In light of that, I challenge you to keep the gift in motion.

keep the gift in motion

What does that mean?

It means spread the love, pay it forward, bless others as you have been blessed…

If you have been blessed by the gift of free Pilates then I challenge you keep the gift in motion and bless someone else today.

A few ideas:

• Call a friend and tell them how much you appreciate them.
  • Write a handwritten letter to someone you love.
  • Buy a stranger’s coffee.
  • Leave flowers on a friend’s doorstep.
  • Offer to babysit.
  • Buy someone’s meal.
  • Post a photo of you and a friend on Instagram and publicly share why you love them.

photo-28

What better way to kick off the weekend than by blessing someone else?

This is going to be so much fun. I can’t wait to see what you all come up with.

Thank YOU for your continued support and encouraging me throughout this challenge. I’m so grateful for you and this amazing community.

Today’s Check-In: snap a photo and show me how you’re keeping the gift in motion on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter!  Use the hashtag #28daysofpilates. If you’re not on social media then simply post it in the comments.

pilates-core-stability-exercise

Oh – and don’t forget to exercise! Here’s your Fun Friday workout…enjoy!

(fun fact: I don’t edit my videos! And I do them all in one take. I like to keep it real 🙂 So please pardon my awkwardness at the end of today’s workout!)

Have a great weekend!

PS- if you’re looking to pass the time you may enjoy these posts: 6 weeks of Pilates (before & after photos), Blake’s Birth Story, my journey to find balance with body image.

disclaimer: these videos were created for individuals in good health. Robin recommends that you speak with your doctor prior to beginning a new exercise routine. By doing this video you do so at your own risk and agree to release Robin Long and The Balanced Life of any and all liability.

1. Liz S. 3 years ago

I LOVE this – it’s absolutely important to take a moment to realize just how much there is to be grateful for. Thank you for highlighting this subject.

Loved the exercises for Fun Friday. Have a wonderful rest of your Friday!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

You are welcome 🙂 Hope you’re having a good weekend Liz!

2. Grey 3 years ago

I think these pilates workouts have helped me to be more “in tune” with and have a better feel for my form when I do my weightlifting workouts in the gym in the afternoons.
    What a great bonus!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

YES. I’m sure they have! That’s the beauty of Pilates and getting more in touch with your body. It pays off in all areas of life 🙂

3. Christina Gathright 3 years ago

Happy fun Friday! Love that you’re keeping it real! 🙂

4. Amanda 3 years ago

such good stuff, thanks so much for this free gift and the continuity of doing something each morning!! Thank you!!

5. Aurélie 3 years ago

What awkwardness??!! Thank YOU for sharing your experience & knowledge, for encouraging us and for always taking the time to personally answer to our posts on the blog, twitter or Instagram.

6. Rachael 3 years ago

Keeping the gift in motion…God sees. 🙂
    Thanks for your sweet spirit of encouragement in all areas.

7. Cara 3 years ago

Thanks Robin. I was feeling kind of blah and I remembered I had your workout to do. Thanks for lifting my spirits and helping me to strengthen my core and legs. I love the ending to today’s video. It’s your personal touch that makes everyone come back each day.

8. Charlotte 3 years ago

Hey Robin!
    Thank you for posting these everyday, my housemate and I are University students in the UK and use these videos to de-stress and keep active, especially on days when we are stuck studying!
    I have a quick question for you! I am an avid ballet dancer and have been for over 10 years and I like to think I have quite strong legs and abs, however, whenever your videos instruct us to do an exercise on our sides and lifting our legs (circles, biking and the kicking back and pumping forward) my hip cramps. Am I compensating for a weak muscle somewhere else such as my abs or even my legs/glutes? Do you have any suggestions for this?
    Thanks again!!

9. Kim 3 years ago

Awww, Robin…you are just adorable! Not awkward. It’s like we are friends and we talk through the computer but you just can’t hear me. Haha. Great session as usual. I caught up with yesterday’s challenge as I was traveling home from Chicago and encountered delays. But, I’m back on track and ready to get this weekend started!

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Good for you! So impressed by your dedication and commitment 🙂

10. Colleen blackall 3 years ago

Thanks Robin, for the first time I felt I could get through the hundred and it wasn’t so bad, that’s progress!
    You are inspiring!
    Colleen

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Doesn’t that feel great? Your hard work is paying off!

11. Kristin 3 years ago

So what are the chances you’ll regularly post workouts after February? I’m not ready for the month of Pilates to be over! I know you have several on your YouTube channel…

• Profile photo of Robin Long
      Robin Long 3 years ago

Hi Kristin. Next month my main focus will be The Pilates Body Program (kicking off 3/16). But after that I’ll probably get back to posting some short, fun videos here 🙂

12. Barbara 3 years ago

Way behind but getting back on track.

• Profile photo of Robin Long