28 Days of Pilates: Day #2

Happy Sunday!

I hope you’re feeling good after yesterday’s workout.

I had SO much fun seeing your photos and cheering you on.

I know you’re probably not needing a break yet but I really want our Sunday sessions to be all about stretching and relaxation. So today we’re going to do just that.

photo-6

It’s important to take time during the week to just slow down.

To breathe.

To rest.

To recharge.

So enjoy today’s workout and then take a photo at some point during the day and post it on Instagram or Facebook to show us all how you’re resting. Remember to tag it with #28daysofpilates.

PS- vegging out during the Super Bowl totally counts!

disclaimer: these videos were created for individuals in good health. Robin recommends that you speak with your doctor prior to beginning a new exercise routine. By doing this video you do so at your own risk and agree to release Robin Long and The Balanced Life of any and all liability.

By signing up, you'll be added to The Balanced Life's email list and will receive regular emails that include inspiration, tips, and special offers to help you build a healthy + balanced lifestyle. We take care of your data in accordance with our privacy policy and you are free to unsubscribe at any time.

1. Liz S. 6 years ago

Loved this series of stretches – really limbers up and energizes the body! I especially liked the twists.

Doesn’t it feel nice Liz? Glad you enjoyed it. Have a nice Sunday πŸ™‚

2. Julie 6 years ago

I absolutely love those stretches. It’s exactly what I’ve been needing! Best part I can even do them with my 18month old daughter climbing all over me. It’s only day 2 & I love this challenge. Thanks for offering it.

Oh good! I bet your daughter loves you being down on the floor with her πŸ™‚

3. Kim 6 years ago

I think I’m going to love relaxation Sunday’s!! Great stretches and just what I needed after a long week!

Happy to hear that Kim! Enjoy your Sunday πŸ™‚

4. Sarah 6 years ago

Day 2 done! I spend a lot of time in front of a computer, and these stretches are great for taking a break and realigning my posture. Can’t wait for Day 3!

Yes, SO important for those of us who sit hunched forward much of the week. Feel free to do this workout any day you’re feeling extra stiff.

5. Jen 6 years ago

So glad I stumbled upon your site! Just getting back to a steady workout routine and this has been a great introduction! I look forward to your workout every morning!!! Thank you so much!!!

6. Janelle 6 years ago

At a computer all week. That felt great!:)

Feel free to do this video again any time you are feeling that computer ache. I know that feeling! xo

7. sky 6 years ago

This was great, especially since my abs are sore after yesterdays exercise. I am loving this program, especially since I can do it while my 9 week old does his tummy time next to me!

Oh I love that πŸ™‚ Yes, it’s so nice to have an at-home option isn’t it? I’m glad this is a good fit for you. I bet your baby loves watching you too!

8. katy 6 years ago

Awesome, thank you!

9. Mendy Dew 6 years ago

Oh my word! That felt so good; totally what I needed today after a few long nights. Thank you again πŸ™‚

10. Megan 6 years ago

Loved this! My body is so tight since I’m just now getting in a good daily routine after baby #2. Thanks!

Oh good! Babies do a number on our bodies – not just having them but carrying them, feeding them, changing them, etc. So important to take care of our bodies so that we stay in good shape for our kiddos. Good job mama πŸ™‚

11. Shamila 6 years ago

Just did day #2 and #3 πŸ™‚ Love how short they are. I add them with my Glow workouts.

That’s perfect, Shamila. I know Jenn kicks your butt in a good way too! πŸ™‚

12. Shirley 6 years ago

Perfect! I really enjoyed the stretches and then watching the Super Bowl cuddled up and relaxed in my cozy down comforter made me feel great!

13. Gina 6 years ago

I didn’t even realize how tight my hamstrings and hipflexers were until I did this stretch! Feels amazing πŸ™‚

Oh good! Good that it feels good. Keep it up πŸ™‚

14. Micha 6 years ago

I did day 1 & 2 today, Happy Love Day to me πŸ™‚ Loved the stretches and my boys actually gave me the few minutes to myself to do this. Hoping to do 2 days at a time to catch up and finish on day 28. Thanks for putting this together, I needed this to kick start again.

A perfect way to show yourself some love πŸ™‚ Good job! I’m so glad you’re catching up. 2 a day is definitely attainable πŸ™‚ I’m glad you’re enjoying it! xo

15. Jesse 5 years ago

I am so excited! I just discovered this blog a few months to late for the 28 day challenge…however I have started it today! I am so excited, thank you!

16. luz 5 years ago

Enjoying it Thanks Have a great weekend.