28 Days of Pilates: day #11

I don’t know about you but I was truly inspired by everyone’s posts yesterday showing off their greens.

We had pina colada smoothies, kale & quinoa salads, and beautiful green juices.

kale-quinoa-salad asparagus

Search #28daysofpilates on Instagram for ideas on how to add more green into your daily diet.

Keep posting because today is the LAST day to enter The Body Book and Pilates Body Program scholarship giveaway!

Today’s check-in: Post a photo of your computer/ipad screen while working out and tell me why you want the opportunity to join The Pilates Body Program next month Don’t be shy – I am inspired by your stories!

Now, on to our arm workout!

You’ll notice I’m filming from home today. I hope you don’t mind 🙂

PS – you may also enjoy thoughts on the mama pooch and my favorite juice recipes.

disclaimer: these videos were created for individuals in good health. Robin recommends that you speak with your doctor prior to beginning a new exercise routine. By doing this video you do so at your own risk and agree to release Robin Long and The Balanced Life of any and all liability.

1. Grey 3 years ago

I never knew pilates could deliver such killer arm workouts!

2. Liz S. 3 years ago

Great work for the shoulders and arms today! That “talk to the hand” move has the best name, haha.

3. Nicola 3 years ago

Ahh, my arms are shaking so much I can hardly type! I’m starting to really love the Tuesdays on this program, because my arms are definitely my weakest group of muscles (though I’m not sure I’ve got a strong group …), so I’m loving working on them.

Robin Long 3 years ago

So glad to hear that! It will be fun for you to feel the difference at the end of the month. You WILL get stronger! 🙂

4. kristie fox 3 years ago

Ouch! Not to mention i played catch up from saturday!!!!

5. Brandi 3 years ago

Holy poop! That was intense! Doing these arm workouts has caused me to become really aware of my lack of arm & upper body strength. I struggled through the push ups, but I did the best I could and it’s nice knowing that I have lots of room to improve. I’m definitely going to do this workout and the butt burner again!

Robin Long 3 years ago

Hi Brandi! I meant to make it challenging! Keep working at it and you will get stronger. Remember to focus on keeping proper form before trying to do all 10. You’ll improve more quickly and safely that way 🙂

6. Karen 3 years ago

I’m always surprised how much I feel a burn in just a few minutes! Awesome!
    P.S. Filming from home is fine by me and hope Baby is feeling better soon.

Thanks for your understanding Karen! She is already doing much better 🙂

• Karen 3 years ago

Happy to hear that she is doing better!

7. sky 3 years ago

me oh my! I would have thought carting around a baby in car seat and a two year old would have resulted in stronger arms, but I definitely felt that workout!! Arms are so tired now, but I know it’s already and improvement over last week. Thanks again, loved that you did it at home…it was motivating for me to see a mom getting her workout in no matter what!

Robin Long 3 years ago

This workout helps to target some of the smaller & underused muscle groups which is why it feels so hard! But you’re doing great. And I know, WHY are those car seats so heavy?

And thanks for being supportive of me filming at home. Just keeping it real! 🙂

8. Jennifer m 3 years ago

Oh my!! My arms were burning. But it’s a good burn!!! Definitely pushing myself to do new things and try to accomplish all the exercises. Never have had much upper body strength so I struggle with the push ups, but I am determined to not be beaten. This program has me inspired to do more!!! I actually look forward to each days workout & if for some rare reason I can’t get it done that day I make sure I do it early the next morning before starting my day and doing the next day. I dread when the 28 days are over & I don’t have this to look forward to. I’m more aware of my body position through the day because of you!!! Thank you!!!

9. stacey 3 years ago

What a shoulders workout! Thank you!

10. Erica 3 years ago

Definitely felt the burn in my shoulders today! Like others, I also struggle with push-ups, but I gave it my all in hopes that with practice I will get better! Thanks for the motivation and the reminder to keep breathing!!

Robin Long 3 years ago

You’re welcome Erica! Keep up the great work. It was a toughie today!

11. Cara 3 years ago

Ouch!! I have some work to do on my arms! I hope your baby is feeling better. She can do
    the exercises with you once she’s feeling well again:-).

Thanks Cara! She is already doing much better 🙂 xo

12. Becca 3 years ago

Carrying around a toddler and a big fat baby did NOT prepare me for today’s workout. Well done!

Robin Long 3 years ago

Great job Becca! I try to target smaller/underused muscles to help balance out the big muscles we use on a daily basis for lugging our kids around. So this is great for you to do to keep your body balanced and healthy while carrying your kiddos 🙂

13. Megan H. 3 years ago

Woot! That was a great arm workout! I definitely felt the burn, but I also noticed I’m getting stronger! Once again, I appreciate you challenging us and making our 5 minute workouts hard!

14. Samantha 3 years ago

Felt the burn in that one. Re-ran though the stretch and relax after that to have some good breathing space. Feeling good!

Perfect. Glad you took the time to do that 🙂

15. Amy 3 years ago

Oh my goodness this was tough but satisfying. I loved the downward dog push up – never done that one before! Loved them all, Robin!

Robin Long 3 years ago

Hard huh Amy? Good job – you are rocking this challenge!!

16. Grace 3 years ago

Caught up again with #10 & 11 tonight. Will your YouTube videos still be available after the 28 days to repeat them on our own next month? Thanks for the great workouts!

Robin Long 3 years ago

Yes, they will 🙂 I’m not sure for how long, but they’l be available for awhile. xo

17. Lauren 3 years ago

Robin, what do I do if I can’t do a full downward dog? My legs are no where close to being straight. Is there a way to modify the exercise that requires it? Thanks!

Robin Long 3 years ago

You are not alone in that Lauren! Can you try doing it with bent knees?

18. Anne 3 years ago

I know I’m late to the game (seeing that it is March and all:) but I have really been enjoying your 28 days of pilates videos! I do a few days of videos at a time to get in a 20-40 minute workout (I’m on day 11 now). I had been feeling burned out from all my usual workouts lately so this has been a wonderful way to get excited about working out again! Thank you so much! I’ve really enjoyed your teaching style!

Hi Anne!
      So glad you’re doing it! I love how you’re stacking them together to get a full body workout. 🙂 If I can help at all please don’t hesitate to leave a comment!

19. Vanessa 3 years ago

YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION! Not only is this intense (OUCH!), it is inspiring to see you at home with the babe in the background.