28 Days of (free!) Pilates

EDITORS NOTE: 28 Days of Pilates is now complete. To participate in my brand new FREE Pilates challenge, please click here to sign up for 21 Days of Pilates.

online PIlates

Why not celebrate the month of love by doing something to help you love your body more?

Here are the details…

WHO:

you + me + the uber-supportive community of Balanced Life beauties.

WHAT:

The challenge: complete 28 days of Pilates during the month of February.

Each day I’ll post a new Pilates workout here on the blog for you to do at home.

Each video will be  5 – 10 minutes long (manageable for even the busiest of schedules) and focus on one target area.

WHEN:

February 1 – 28.

The videos will posted by 5:00 am EST.

You can do them on your own time throughout the day.

WHERE:

All videos will be posted here on The Balanced Life. So be sure to bookmark my site.

WHY:

Because we’re all busy but we can (and should) commit to finding 5 minutes a day to care for our bodies.

Because small steps add up to great strides.

Because who doesn’t want to feel longer, leaner and stronger by the end of the month?

And because doing this together is much more fun that working out alone.

Oh and did I mention…IT’S FREE?

I’m so excited for this challenge and really hope you’ll join me.

And before we get started, make sure that we are friends on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter 🙂

More details coming soon!

By signing up, you'll be added to The Balanced Life's email list and will receive regular emails that include inspiration, tips, and special offers to help you build a healthy + balanced lifestyle. We take care of your data in accordance with our privacy policy and you are free to unsubscribe at any time.

1. Eden 5 years ago

Can’t wait for this! I’ve gotten pretty sick of my old pilates routine, and have been searching for the past two days for some way to mix it up! Thank you for putting this together. 🙂

Eden
    instagram – @edengramith
    twitter – @edengramith
    blog – http://www.edensjunkdrawer.com

Sounds like perfect timing! I will find you on social media so we can stay in touch….so happy to have you on board! 🙂

2. Sherrine Francis 5 years ago

I’ve never tried pilates! I’m a runner and yoga geek. Stumbled on your site and I’m thinking..this is a sign 🙂

Looking forward to it.

Hi Sherrine! I think it’s a sign too 🙂 This would be a perfect way to try incorporating it into your routine. 5-10 is totally do-able and will serve both your yoga practice and your running. They go great together. I do all 3 as well! xo

3. Melanie 5 years ago

So perfect! I’m in! Thanks to Emmy for sharing on FB! This will help keep me motivated like Beyoncé (me busy schedule) Thank you so much, I cant wait 🙂

I hope so! So glad you’re in. And thank you Emmy for sharing! 🙂

4. Susie 5 years ago

I am super excited about this, I am hoping to get on track!
    Instagram @mrssusnmbradley
    Twitter @MrsSusanBradley

5. Lesley 5 years ago

Yay! I’m excited about this. Thanks Robin!

6. […] February I’m planning to do 28 days of (FREE!) Pilates. Want to join? It’s low commitment but I think it will reap big […]

7. […] was fired up by the The Balanced Life’s challenge to spend 5-10 minutes a day everyday in February doing pilates. Oh-and she’s providing a new […]

8. Jay 5 years ago

Never done pilates but I’m trying to start exercising for a better lifestyle, I figure its good to be exposed to different kinds of workouts… I hope it’s doable for beginners!

It will be! Glad you’re going to give it a try 🙂

9. […] to start a new workout challenge? Why not 28 days of free pilates? (The Balanced […]

10. […] – Ready to get your body back in shape? Join me for 28 Days of (free!) Pilates kicking off on February 1st. Click here for more […]

11. […] – have you signed up for 28 days of (free!) Pilates yet? We’ll be kicking things off on Wednesday so click here to get on the […]

12. Stacey 5 years ago

I’ve been wanting to try pilates for awhile now, especially so I can strengthen my core 🙂 Thank you! Instagram: @runningmuffin
    Blog: http://runnngmuffin.com

Hi Stacey! I’m so glad you’re going to give it a try 🙂 I’ll find you on instagram and also check out your blog! xo

13. […] If you missed the details and want to more about how we’re going to sculpt, shape & tone our beautiful bodies over the next month click here. […]

14. Danica 5 years ago

I have never done pilates, do you need any special equipment?

Great question, Danica! No, you don’t need anything for the workouts other than internet connection and a mat 🙂

15. Melanie Pickett 5 years ago

I’m so excited to start! I need this. Here’s my info:
    Blog: http://www.blogher.com/member/iamwoman2013
    Twitter: @MelanieNewman8
    Instagram: mrspickett2012

Awesome! I found you on Twitter & Instagram 🙂 Happy to have you on board!

16. […] #2:  28 Days of Pilates, by Robin at The Balanced Life.  I’ve never really tried pilates but I’ve wanted to […]

17. Friday Pin it Party 5 years ago

[…] {28 Days of (free!) Pilates} […]

18. Kristin 5 years ago

I just signed up! My instagram is kristinanderson4.

Welcome Kristin! I found you on Instagram. Looking forward to cheering you on next month 🙂

19. natalie 5 years ago

Hi Robin! I’m so excited about the pilates program-I did your Pilates Body program last year and loved it! My question is that I’m 26 weeks pregnant w/ baby #3! Can I do pilates at this stage in the pregnancy? I currently do Zumba, cardio and occasionally yoga at my local wellness center….I haven’t done pilates in a while mainly b/c the class schedules haven’t worked with mine…let me know what you think!

Hi Natalie!
      Congratulations on baby #3!! How exciting 🙂 I would not recommend this program given that you are 26 weeks pregnant. A lot of the exercises are done supine (laying on your back) which isn’t recommended much after the first trimester. There are some stretches and planks that you may enjoy doing but as a whole, I would stay away from traditional ab exercises while laying on your back. I do have a prenatal Pilates program though! It is available all the time. I filmed the workouts when I was in my 2nd and 3rd trimester. Here’s the link: http://thebalancedlifeonline.com/balanced-beginnings/
      In that program I provide a lot of pregnancy resources and those workouts are great to use after you give birth as well. Let me know what you think! xo,
      Robin

20. Megan 5 years ago

@megankbowers Instagram! Excited to join in!

21. Jade 5 years ago

jadealexandraa – instagram
    jadeaalexandra – twitter
    Jade Alexandra – Facebook

Im excited :))

22. Katie 5 years ago

Hi! Just a couple quick questions…I just had a baby and am now able to start regular exercise again. Would this be something I would be able to do as a beginner or would it be too challenging at this point? Any other suggestions for what to do for some post partum pilates?

Hi Katie!
      Congratulations on your new baby! 🙂 Such an exciting time.

This program would be GREAT to do postpartum assuming 2 things:
      1. You got approval from your Dr. to resume exercise
      2. You do not have diastasis recti. You can google it to find out how to check. If you’re unsure you can always ask your Dr.

I have had a lot of new moms use this program to get back on track after having a baby. It’s definitely appropriate for you. You may have to modify for the first few weeks as you re-gain your abdominal strength but we can work together to make sure you know how to do that safely.

The meal plan is great for breastfeeding moms (if you are breasfeeding). Full of protein and healthy fats. Again, we would work together to make sure that you are getting enough calories to keep your milk and continue caring for your little one.

If you have other questions please don’t hesitate to ask!
      Robin