12 Days of Pilates: day 7 (upper body)

12 days of pilates

Can you believe Christmas is less than a week away?

We’re traveling next week so I’m busy packing and making 100 different lists. Traveling with a baby requires so much gear! It’s hard to keep it all straight. At least we’re driving instead of flying this time which allows more room for last minute items. If you have any tips for road trips with toddlers I’d love to hear them!

I’ll definitely be using this workout to counteract all the sitting I’ll be doing over the next few days.

If you’re feeling a little soft in the arms or tight in the upper back this workout will be great for you too.

It’s an upper body workout from the #mindbodymat challenge I hosted in August. Enjoy!

BONUS CHALLENGE: Show me something festive! Are you savoring the holiday season? Post a photo on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter to spread the Christmas cheer. Use the hashtag #12daysofpilates so I can see what you’re up to. I’ll be doing the same! 🙂

PS – you may also enjoy this foam roller routine to open up tight shoulders.

Looking for online Pilates workouts and a supportive community? We've re-opened The Sisterhood to help support you during this challenging season.

1. Tiffany 5 years ago

Very good! Just woke up and did this in my pajamas 🙂 Very nice to have your cheerful voice in the morning 🙂

Love it! PJ Pilates is a good thing. Maybe a new video series I could start?? 🙂

2. Susan 5 years ago

It’s been a few years since my girls have been toddlers, but one thing that really saved me when traveling with two little ones was having little “presents” for them. Something new. Not expensive toys or anything, just something new for them. For example, my sister in law bought her 2 year old figurenes from Frozen for her daughter, who was then able to sit through a 2 hour adult dinner. And plan for lots of stops along the way. I myself can’t sit for too long during car trips, so I enjoy getting out and stretching my legs. Look into the app Roadtrippers for places you can stop along the way that might interest your daughter. Lastly, look into whether you can rent or borrow some things for your toddler at your final destination so you don’t have to schlep every little thing with you. My mom lives in Lincoln, Nebraska, and when I would visit her, she rented cribs, high chairs, even booster seats. So nice not to have to fly with 1 million things!

3. Erin M. 5 years ago

Great arm workout loved it!!!!

Glad to hear that! Great job getting it done. 🙂

4. Viviana 5 years ago

🙂

5. Lisa 5 years ago

His was one of my favorites the first time around, thanks for making it part of the 12 days of pilates!

6. sara 5 years ago

Done! Did not get the workout in this morning so I squeezed it in at the gym 🙂

7. Stacy 5 years ago

I fell behind a few days and just got to this one. Definitely a challenge!