11 Healthy Foods To Buy At Costco Right Now

I’ll admit, I’m totally late to the Costco game.

But I have good reason! Due to the many challenges I faced while breastfeeding, I had to go on a restricted diet and unfortunately, Costco didn’t carry many products that I could eat. In addition to that, I’m pretty picky about meat and produce so it just didn’t seem like a good fit.

But Costco has made big strides in the past few years and I love how they’ve added more high-quality and organic items to their shelves. I now shop there 1x per month and thought it would be fun to share some of our staples in case you shop there too. 🙂

Costco-Healthy-Food

RX Bars: clean and simple ingredients. Sweetened with dates and easy to grab-and-go.

Pistachios: my kids love these!

Bare Organic Apple Chips: just apples, no extra ingredients or added sugar – great for healthy snacking!

Organic Almond Butter: almond butter can be expensive – this a great value.

Costco-Healthy-Food

Teton Waters 100% Grass-Fed Beef Sausage: grass-fed, nitrate-free and delicious!

Organic Apple Sauce Pouches: my kids love these. Costco’s brand is organic and doesn’t contain added high fructose corn syrup like some brands do!

Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage: I usually buy the organic sausge but grabbed the wrong package this week. I always have these on hand for quick meals.

Wholly Guacamole Minis: great for snacking or adding a little healthy fat to meals on-the-go (I sometimes use it in place of salad dressing!)Costco-Healthy-FoodLate July Multigrain Tortilla Chips: organic, non-gmo and extra nutrients from the quinoa, chia & flax.

Wild Roots Trail Mix: we mix it up with trail mix but my husband loves this one. 🙂

Rumiano Organic Cheese: this is the brand I buy at Sprouts so was excited to see it at Costco as well!

There are plenty of other healthy foods at Costco (like the abundance of produce that I didn’t feature here), but these are a few staples we love and enjoy.

Do you shop at Costco? What are your favorite healthy items?

1. Jamie 1 week ago

We like to buy dates (use them to make freezer chocolate cups and as sweetener in lots of baked goods), bulk peanuts (to make homemade PB), hummus, frozen berries. I’m impressed you only go once a month – we end up there almost every week! 🙂

• Profile photo of Robin Long Author
      Robin Long 1 week ago

Ooh good call! Dates are so versatile I love having them on hand. 🙂

• Jamie 1 week ago

A tip from our local Costco – make sure to check both the produce AND dried fruit/nuts sections of the store. For some reason, the dates that are stocked in the produce section are much more expensive than the ones in the fruit/nut section. Go figure!

2. Profile photo of Jennifer Wyld
    Jennifer Wyld 1 week ago

I am also new to the Costco game- we are vegetarians and try to shop organic and low packaging when we can- but we love the giant bags of organic frozen fruit for smoothies and great prices on other staples like unsweetened, organic almond milk, coconut water, and their organic diced tomatoes to add to homemade chili and soup! We make it about once every two months and even split some things with our 24 year old daughter- when the quantity seems overwhelming…

thanks for sharing some more finds!

• Profile photo of Emily Colwell
      Emily Colwell 1 week ago

Me too Jennifer! I second their frozen fruit, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and diced tomatoes all organic and currently in my house, I need to restock on fruit, but since everything is just coming into season here I probably won’t need any for a little while.

3. Profile photo of Terrie McElroy
    Terrie McElroy 1 week ago

I share food items with my daughter & son-in-law when I can get there. The almond milk is a great buy. I also get vinegar, baking soda, peroxide every time I go! Also picked up some Epsom Salts last time for a great price! I get their walnuts, extremely great price for a 3 lb bag! I do not live near one, so I don’t get there near as often as I would like. I am going to look for the other items that Robin and others have shared 🙂

4. Profile photo of Susan Pollock
    Susan Pollock 1 week ago

Wow, Robin, this is almost my shopping list! I see some new products of which I was unaware. I’ll have to see if my store carries the grass-fed beef sausage. Costco is my main store; with 9 plus mouths to feed on a daily basis they have the quantity at the right price. Although, I still need to watch prices carefully because it isn’t always the best deal, but usually it is. I use pistachios to make pesto since I’m allergic to pine nuts. I’ll have to look for those kernels–much easier than shelling enough for my recipe!

Jaime, there is quite a difference in dates. The dates in the produce section are medjool dates, whereas the others are deglet noor. There is a distinct difference in flavor and texture. I prefer the medjool as a natural sweetener. They also are quite tasty stuffed with almonds. Whereas, the deglet noor I use for baking. Here is a great website to learn more about varieties of dates: https://www.shieldsdategarden.com.

5. Profile photo of Lori Barrow
    Lori Barrow 1 week ago

Frozen fruit!! They have the best prices I’ve found for it.
    I also buy our lunch meat here- I can remember the brand but they have a nitrite/nitrate free turkey we love. It has multiple packages so I can keep one it and freeze the rest.